Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The 1000 VIN's are being allocated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked and I have a VIN (...4398XX) which wasn’t in the source code a few days ago!

Ordered 10 May (SR+), no reservation.

For a brief moment (and it was a very brief moment) a felt some release of dopamine. It was short-lived as I remembered this is Tesla and chaos is the natural order here, esp as there are ~3500 orders before me!

I have a VIN in the source code for my Model 3 that I only ordered on Monday :O

Sadly, according VIN decoder it belongs to a Model X built in 2016.

The sinking feeling when I read this is utterly indescribable.

Happily, I can confirm that mine is from a 2019 Model 3 based on all of the VIN decoders I have tried. So they're definitely allocating some legit VINs this week...!

Unless things are being done differently now the majority’s of vins for other countries including the US were often received only a week before delivery. With this in mind it seems like there could be deliveries sooner than these August projections staff are stating when pressed for timeframes.

Feels like they are gearing up in a way they would not necessarily be if deliveries were some time away. I think they are going to surprise us with a week 2 or week 3 batch in July.

If it really was August I doesn't feel like they would be doing much more now than what they have for the previous three or four weeks.

Just checked and I have a VIN (...4398XX) which wasn’t in the source code a few days ago!

Ordered 10 May (SR+), no reservation.

For a brief moment (and it was a very brief moment) a felt some release of dopamine. It was short-lived as I remembered this is Tesla and chaos is the natural order here, esp as there are ~3500 orders before me!

Exactly the same as me and yet I have no VIN! Whatever will be will be though, I can't take delivery before August 15th so I'm quite content :)

So what cars do people believe are being assigned to us now? Is it the cars currently on pier 80? I’m confused as if its not the cars in Pier 80 SFO what cars would it be?
I believe its the 1000 that were delivered a week ago that were in hiding. The SFO ones will be allocated once on the shores of Tillburg and travelling over the channel to there rightful owners!.

The SC wont be able to cope with 100s at once as no space to store them. They probably only get the amount they can give out a day.