Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The 1000 VIN's are being allocated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe its the 1000 that were delivered a week ago that were in hiding. The SFO ones will be allocated once on the shores of Tillburg and travelling over the channel to there rightful owners!.

The SC wont be able to cope with 100s at once as no space to store them. They probably only get the amount they can give out a day.

Tesla do have storage / car parks they use to hold stock. When Tesla were messing me around with an inventory Model S, the car was located somewhere in Coventry (poor car ;) ) ahead of planning to get it to Dartford, so there is a possibility of moving stock around if they wanted to / if it was beneficial.

Just checked and I have a VIN (...4398XX) which wasn’t in the source code a few days ago!

Ordered 10 May (SR+), no reservation.

For a brief moment (and it was a very brief moment) a felt some release of dopamine. It was short-lived as I remembered this is Tesla and chaos is the natural order here, esp as there are ~3500 orders before me!

I am a bit dissapointed to have not received a VIN yet. I too have ordered the SR+ however this was completed on 1st May as well as putting down a reservation on day 2.

Fingers crossed I hear some good news soon.

I keep being told by Tesla that cars are allocated in order of reservation and that the order number is irrelevant. Currently i only have a reservation number RN109*****4. I'm assuming i'll get an order number once finance is approved etc. I'm still debating over contract hire vs PCP but have been assured that this is not holding up my delivery date.

How do you decode the reservation number. Ours is RN109*24**5. Does that mean we are 24**5 in the reservation order?

We didn't order blind, so waited until specs and pricing was announced, iirc mid 2017. So a year and a bit after many.

If you read back on all the waiting rooms for all the models from all the other countries cars were mostly matched to orders based on the speed and complexity of the transaction. Tesla biggest headache is space to keep cars so they were under very clear instructions to move as many cars in the quickest possible way. There are literally pages of people moaning about reservation times.

They may deny this but based on everywhere else particularly with the early orders they appear to favour methods which get the cars off their premises in the the fastest way.