Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The 2021 refreshed Model S WILL HAVE SAT RADIO FUNCTIONALITY!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have spoken with a great many Tesla sales people via the on-line buying process [via chat] and have asked if the new S has sat radio. They never know the answer. When really pressed for a definitive answer, they "research it' for 10 minutes and reply that they are "pretty sure" it is not.

So I emailed senior engineering and CS execs with the question. They have confirmed to me, by email and phone, that the new MS absolutely has the hardware installed and will have the software via download soon.

They also told me they will so inform the sales team and update the owners manual and website to reflect this.

So I guess it's true ...
I’m scheduled for delivery in October. When I asked my sales advisor, the best he could say was that the manual does not mention anything about satellite radio. I’m sure hoping that the hardware and antennas are installed in production and it’s just a matter of a software download, in the not too distant future.

The website is pretty clear that it is included.

Untitled.png

Then again, the website used to mention things like 691 HP and an 85 kWh battery. Both of which came up rather short.

I have spoken with a great many Tesla sales people via the on-line buying process [via chat] and have asked if the new S has sat radio. They never know the answer. When really pressed for a definitive answer, they "research it' for 10 minutes and reply that they are "pretty sure" it is not.

So I emailed senior engineering and CS execs with the question. They have confirmed to me, by email and phone, that the new MS absolutely has the hardware installed and will have the software via download soon.

They also told me they will so inform the sales team and update the owners manual and website to reflect this.

So I guess it's true ...
just received the model s long range and cannot find SiriusXM yet

perhaps it will be available via download later?