Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The 3 is here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up our blue M3 LR this morning!

Wife's been driving it, so I only got to drive it in/out of the garage. :)

Couple things we've noted:

- Got the homelink setup. You have to hold the remote really close to the bumper for it to pair.
- GPS is not calibrated correctly yet. Auto-open/close isn't working yet.
- You can fit the J1772 adapter in the door pocket if you turn it a little bit
- No kangaroo pockets. There's a shelf in the arm rest for sunglasses and RFID cards
- If you need a pair of lightning/USB-C phone dock cables, ask the service center if you can swap one w/ another owner
- Charges faster than our S on the same Blink home charger. Up to 20mph on 240V/24A
- The screen/internet is MUCH faster than our 2014 S
- Cloth headliner. Not alcantara. ;-)

We're going to get the car 3M film protected and window tinted at Jay's Tint Shop. Plan on keeping this for a while.

PS - LMK if anyone wants to see the car (Seattle Eastside). I have some time free next sunday (1/21), but weather permitting.

_fhvK0MWm5UH3fi-krFmKZr4Ze7wp17sb-laR8ywxE1nigIZAIcv0M61Uj0afSKzGCho0e4leAQZyMa6adSpb5i914xVeiaQyTmn7u8KGyzPjV-ROabOqNkM1TQTrRoNbuY87N8f0psIWxRoT5Dt_9tCrYWPWinKrraR_I-jKYSsmmE9ceUwA11bntM6bHtr9Bi7066TZ5FuyZnCW3KTA8t9G-tTND2-JOia8PpY5NlMZ7Z4TEk0RIAe8sq7AsL7SDYVUjSE-LI8cuK-88AaDPaw0_D5Q-WMjJiNGTyUt_XLMkcGKol980ilYN78DD9FjgzNxMLOY6qublrsVbNVGrG6ZEUBP9u-yT7numIxWOrM-29Ys8FUVEfsWUiTJZ6m7a7Mxm7dPSMVRECtSd9aeK-9P6z7bFyodbm41_uwiQZQscxyyerIwGc4KyqsL0klU63f68HYO5MGVc_9OoxA0dc8p3kdPf68tacJ40JUXNCZaCzfAuCMAKyEJufd3ESaBLnhhWWN0nugd3Hix3EPz1QZKr3_QXIYItAJFyJpPXz5xrdoHsrbSiaez0kyO8Xm3AUt9EdaQEy7HFJ4JavLn5uFKwx3ARbsGxiDW8Um=w454-h807-no

What's your plan for the rear window? tint the entire piece of glass, or stop at the factory tint?

also, your image is not showing up. is it set to public on google?

Sorry about the image. It's just a screenshot. :)

Hopefully this works...

QHKq4TNhULgWqgwcXFIjP5fLT4YRbt1GcL3HxfKYJ2E5zSTRcAHm0ILBOJ65UkZ7sg8fiU_7cZWnAqVZ71_HTtsAADSvZ2E2CQ9sDtCXZ37lzqCpQvRqpz6fs7uqV7MUpnf878rDtho=w454-h807-no

We're going to tint the full roof/rear window. Given how it's currently 1/2 shaded, probably do a clear nano-window tint. Ditto for the front passenger glass roof and front windshield.

We have the clear film installed on our S and it made a huge difference when driving through CA and NV.

Counted EIGHT of them on MLK day at 405/520 junction heading towards Bellevue Store :)

View attachment 273623

I wonder how many current owners are going to add to the 6,442 vehicles that have gotten the sales tax exemption limited to 7,500? Non-owners like me are getting worried we won't get it unless the legislature extends it.

There was another full transport truck at the Tesla delivery center this morning. :)

Our DS said that the goal was 500 deliveries this quarter. Good luck!

Reactions: Jeff N
Thank you, ww73, for letting me check out your car! I did feel pretty comfy in that cabin...

Some day (I hope soon) Tesla will have these on display and out for test drives. But until then, owners willing to share are an enormous help to others that have been invited to configure.

It's especially helpful to hear how existing owners compare the 3 to their S.

Reactions: EchoDelta
Saw my first Model 3 today while driving on Bothell-Everett Highway, South toward 164th. It was black and looked like it had aftermarket wheels. Was around 7:00 AM and only caught a glimpse, but it was neat to see my first one in person. Recognized it from a few hundred feet away almost instantly by the tail lights. Will be cool to see many more of them driving around over the next few months.