Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The 5,000 mile review (M3 SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

davidmc

May 20, 2019
Leicester
It's still going strong and loving it!

I have the SR+ and have gotten over then range anxiety fairly quickly.

I'm not going to review the car as there are so many other reviews that are really in-depth and hats off to those reviewers as they are brilliant reviews.

I have no home charging and use works (40 mile each way commute) and the network of chargers mainly Ecotricity and Polar.

I charge daily at work Monday to Friday to 90%, then on the way home on a Friday night I stop at Leicester Forest East services to top up to 95% to arrive back at home with around 90%. This lasts me most the weekend and the trip back to work Monday morning.

One thing I would say is have a backup plan if you are going to charge as sometimes these networks either are busy, out of order or just refuse to connect to your car. It takes the pain away if you turn up and it's not working, then pooing your pants trying to find the next charger. Yep the apps are not always up to date or don't tell you it's not working.

After a few weeks into it you remember where all the chargers are and how far away from each other they are.

If you commute the same route every day it becomes fun to drive again, as the car handles the workload and you can enjoy your music/podcast.

There is no rush to get to work so you feel more awake and relaxed when you arrive.

So I did drive 5,000 miles and I would drive 5,000 more. (Sorry missed the 500 mark)