Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The 7-seater option is now available for order on Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
https://twitter.com/Tesla/status/1347673670894800898

7-seat option available for $3,000 on the Standard and Long Range models but not the Performance model.

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 2.46.42 PM.png

Last edited:
Looks like the 7 seat variant isn’t available with performance, anyone else disappointed by this?

I’m a single dad who wants to be able to move his kids and friends around in one car, but when I’m on my own, I wanna punch it and go as fast as possible... anyone heard of whether or not this will change?!

Reactions: ryanjeffords
Yikes. Nearly zero legroom. Is it only good for kids in car seats?

I initially thought the same thing. Nope. Nope. Nope. BUT then my husband reminded me of our Honda pilots third row. No normal grown adult would sit back there either.

the model Y’s middle seats can be moved back and forth creating more leg room for the third row.

I would also guess as the Y with third row rolls out there will be the option for 3rd row. I say this based on wheh the S first came out. You couldn’t order the jump seats in the perf variant. I had to wait almost a full year before I was able to take delivery with the jump seats.

Reactions: ryanjeffords
Looks like the 7 seat variant isn’t available with performance, anyone else disappointed by this?

I’m a single dad who wants to be able to move his kids and friends around in one car, but when I’m on my own, I wanna punch it and go as fast as possible... anyone heard of whether or not this will change?!

Amen! I'm in the same boat. After having an order for a 7 seat performance since early last year, I decided it wasn't worth hanging on anymore and requested to be moved to the LR AWD 7 seater so I can just get my damn car already. As much as I would prefer the performance because I'm a dad who also likes going fast... the fact of the matter is buying a LR AWD is way more practical for me at this time in my life:
  1. More seats for kid / options for spacing them out. I don't give a crap about the "no leg room" argument. I have a Honda Pilot with a tiny 3rd row. This is just how small SUV 3rd rows are. They're tight, but they'll only ever be used for the kids in rare situation. The kids also don't care. It serves a purpose.
  2. LR has 23 more miles of range
  3. LR has smaller, cheaper, and more comfortable tires. Seriously... I looked up the cost to replace the performance tires...$1500 a set. NO THANKS.
  4. LR has a timeline of 2-5 weeks. After all this waiting I can finally get a car -- soon!
  5. I can buy the acceleration boost and get to within 1/2 second 0-60 of the performance
  6. LR is $10k cheaper.
Again...I'd love to have the performance, but...I think I always knew the LR was going to be a better fit for me and my family.