Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The 7th icon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pdx

Sep 28, 2013
OR
My display has six icons across the top:
1. Media
2. Nav
3. Energy
4. Web
5. Camera
6. Phone

I've seen a couple of photos that show a 7th icon which looks like a grey arrow pointing down. Does anyone know what this is? I noticed it in the Model X dash concept picture here:
bg_06_interior_prod-05-55.jpg

and the obeche matte horizontal grain photos here:
206iejn.png
k1sz7k.png

Any ideas?

Just a thought, but I bet that is the future "app store" for finding and downloading Tesla apps (hence the downward point). Could definitely be wrong

- EDIT -
AHHH unnecessary verbiage caused me to come in second :-(

I've seen a couple of photos that show a 7th icon which looks like a grey arrow pointing down. Does anyone know what this is? I noticed it in the Model X dash concept picture here:
View attachment 40922

Agree with the other posters. Probably some kind of app store.

You got me looking at this photo, though. Front camera displayed behind the speedometer? Interesting.

Also, I hope these screens are really resistant to burn-in. The control sections are basically displayed continuously the entire time they're on.

It's a new feature of software version 6.0. It allows you to lower the car back like you used to be be able to before the whole knee jerk reactin to the accidents (hence the downward arrow). That's why they gave it a permanent place on the main bar. Sort of an apology.:biggrin: