Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The ambitious target to model 3 500k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So your statements now seem to contradict each other.

Sorry, I misspoke myself. I meant to say that a comparably configured S60 would certainly be $20K more with the three options mentioned, battery, AP, and Premium interior but I failed to mention that a similarly equipped M3 would probably be more like $60K (or less?) and not highly optioned.

In addition to the three options above I plan to add seven more, which I anticipate will take the MSRP (without tax, delivery, and DMV) to about $74K. If highly optioned cars are delivered first, I might even have a chance for the full federal tax credit.

Sure, but is it worth it to have to supply that installation machine with a different part from multiple varieties? It might be easier to minimize that change. It also affects the sourcing/logistics of the supply chain.

They already need to do that, if they have option packages. The only difference at any particular station is, did this car get the upgraded sound that means that it also gets heated seats. How is that a help?

Thank you kindly.

Last edited:
Sorry, I misspoke myself. I meant to say that a comparably configured S60 would certainly be $20K more with the three options mentioned, battery, AP, and Premium interior but I failed to mention that a similarly equipped M3 would probably be more like $60K (or less?) and not highly optioned.

In addition to the three options above I plan to add seven more, which I anticipate will take the MSRP (without tax, delivery, and DMV) to about $74K. If highly optioned cars are delivered first, I might even have a chance for the full federal tax credit.

I'm trying not to get too hung up on options....because for ease of manufacturing, we may be forced into packages and bundling.

I know I NEED:

Max Range+AWD
Autopilot
Subzero

And if I'm still under $70K, I'll keep checking boxes for things like audio, air suspension, and P-XXD-L