Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The app is no longer compatible with your device...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

duanra

Dec 14, 2018
Montreal
Then it says to contact developper.
That is the message i get from my android phone. Android version 8.1.0.
The Tesla app doesn't show anymore in the playstore. I still have it on the phone though.
Anybody got the same issue ?

Yep, had noticed this a few days ago when I went to the Play Store app to see if Tesla app version 3.10.2 is there since I never got an automatic update or notification of such. To my surprise the official Tesla app is no longer listed. If I go the Play Store via a web browser or by checking Android Settings and App Details, it shows the Tesla app as incompatible with my device (same on 3 different devices I own). The minimum requirement is Android 5 and my devices run 8.1.0 or 9.

The already installed mobile app still works, so not a problem for existing Tesla owners who already have the app installed on their phones, but what happens with new owners who just got their cars this past weekend and they try to install the app for the first time? Are they receiving the same error message?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: duanra
Interesting, I see that it's compatible with "some" of my devices, namely the Pixel 3a I've since given to my wife and my 2nd generation Nexus 7 (old tablet). It's showing not compatible with my 10" Samsung Tab A, my Moto G5 Plus, or the LeEco Le Max 2 that I'm currently using as my main phone. Never had an issue before and I've had it installed on all 3 of the phones in that list, but never the tablets.

Hopefully they get it sorted out, though I'm betting I could sideload it if I had to.

• Informative
Reactions: duanra
Took delivery of a Model 3 on Friday afternoon. The Tesla app cant be found on Google Play and when I used a desktop it tells me the app is not compatible with my Xiaomi Redmi Note Pro 6 or Xiami Mi A2.... The A2 has Android 8, not sure about the Redmi as dont have it to hand to check. Tesla in Ireland dont know why, have completed new buyer survey and given feedback. Not v happy about this.

Found some more information: Mr. Botts on Twitter

Supposedly it's related to whether the phone has NFC or not. Which is odd, because I don't think any of the app features actually use NFC at the moment.

EDIT: This Japanese tweet implies that the app tried to implement an NFC feature where you could unlock your car by tapping the phone to the B pillar: Gusfring on Twitter Not sure why this would be useful when it can unlock via bluetooth.

• Informative
Reactions: duanra and bijan
Found some more information: Mr. Botts on Twitter

Supposedly it's related to whether the phone has NFC or not. Which is odd, because I don't think any of the app features actually use NFC at the moment.

EDIT: This Japanese tweet implies that the app tried to implement an NFC feature where you could unlock your car by tapping the phone to the B pillar: Gusfring on Twitter Not sure why this would be useful when it can unlock via bluetooth.

Can confirm. Just went down to my car with Bluetooth disabled and tapped on b pillar and car unlocked/locked. Cool!

Sucks for those without NFC but I am pretty sure they can make that an optional feature going forward.