Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Autopilot Crash Course | TMC Podcast #10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Topics (w/timestamps):
  • 0:00 Intro
  • 2:15 CCS adapter wars
  • 13:10 Tesla opening up Supercharger Network…
  • 20:10 Tesla service manuals now free
  • 32:20 Tesla offering Model Ys built at Giga Texas to local Austin customers
  • 35:07 NYT/FX doc “Elon Musk’s Crash Course

Co-hosts:

Producers:

Audio version:

Social:

Support us-
PayPal: Pay Tesla Motors Club LLC using PayPal.Me
TeslaMotorsClub website: Account upgrades

TMC Podcast #10 final.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: NoGasNoBrakes
Hi guys, I am a new member to the group and have been enjoying the posts especially on Model 3 - I have a white one on order delayed now until 12/22 aprx
I also watched the NYT report on FX, but got a different take . I have not been exposed to Elons Musks over-selling the many features of Telsa cars hoping the technology will catch up. The report starts in 2015 as that is one of the first and worst of accidents and shows that today in 2022 some of the problems go unsolved. A recent crash in Florida is now under investigation. So not everyone knows that Musk tends to promise the same things are coming every 2 years.
If "self -driving" includes crashing into emergency vehicles or smashing in to a semi truck, count me out.

Tesla owners can make things worse like a friend of mine using a weight on the wheel to fool the car .
You did correctly make the point that using features that seem work all the time, and get better with time, can LULL you into a complacency, not proper to safely drive the car. Mr. Musk constantly claiming that auto driving is already here is what people want to hear, not when one time he said "self driving" is harder than I thought"

There was one issue not covered to do with "Auto Pilot" - There are many recent cases of sudden hard braking using this safety feature. No one would put up with a defect like that in another car except the loyal Telsa owners . I would hesitate to use Auto-Pilot until that issue is solved.

We do agree that offering up the "exclusive Tesla charging network" to all other cars is a bad idea. The network is one of the main reasons people choose a Tesla as shown in your comments. (I did notice a Telsa charging station mostly empty in Delray Beach FL)

Keep up the good work

Alan G.

Reactions: Wol747