Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Bandit vs Slipstream Bracket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have the oem one that came with the car. Asked Tesla not to install it. Our detailer installed it on top of the paint protection film. It uses double stick tape. No screws to attach it to the bumper. Looks much cleaner than either of those two in my opinion.

DE246578-038B-4964-A05C-9FEADE869D78.jpeg

9389EFA3-3D37-4D61-B539-B98D3813D791.jpeg

C1B8F16A-2721-404A-A0C0-07D8784E77A3.jpeg

964B81FD-ADC6-4C7F-B1D8-7406D51A5AE9.jpeg

F99B3F4F-BE93-4CB9-B7E0-F48C13DC2D4B.jpeg

+1 for the stock plate
I thought long and hard, but double sided tape won't hurt the car, and I don't need to worry about something hitting it and breaking something.

I think the whole thing is overrated.

That said, it sucks that many of us have to use a front plate, but I've been pulled over before going without. I'm not going to give the police a reason to pull me over.

Hi All,

I’ve read through a lot of the previous discussions on the whole “front license plate solution”..just wanted to hear it out on these two top runners IMO:

The Bandit (v2.0)
https://www.1975creations.com/product-page/tesla-model-3-front-license-plate-bracket

Slipstream
ThatGrin.com | Slipstream Bracket No Drilling Front License Plate Mounting Solution for Tesla Model 3

Any feedback on those who have either? Thanks!
Thanks for starting this thread and pre-researching exactly what I was looking for - I'm going with the Bandit. There is also "the law" from evannex which is what I put on my MS, but since it doesn't have autopilot hardware, that was an easier decision.

Thanks for starting this thread and pre-researching exactly what I was looking for - I'm going with the Bandit. There is also "the law" from evannex which is what I put on my MS, but since it doesn't have autopilot hardware, that was an easier decision.

No prob! I’m going with The Bandit as well. There’s a nice rebate upon delivery confirmation. Happy Holidays!

Just so nobody gets confused, The Law plate holder works just fine with EAP hardware. I have it on my 3 and I'm very happy with it.

Reactions: CatB and Pkmmte
Not an owner, but also curious if anyone with these has been backed into with it on. The factory bracket looks like it would take a minor bump without hurting anything, but these look like they would break the grille where they attach.

Co-worker hit something in his garage with the bandit - cracked the grill below = $1125 mistake - Tesla mobile repair at his house.