Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Battle for 2nd Place

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that Texas might have the most. (or at least from what I've heard.) I overheard that the reservations came pouring in from the Texas leg of the tour.

Add to that the fact that we are gonna be getting 3-4 service centers and maybe at least 3 galleries in the coming months/years.

On 10/09/2013 at the Columbus SuperCharger opening, Tesla announced there were over 1000 Model S in Texas, and I've seen trucks delivering a lot more since then. In a few more days, we'll have 5 SuperChargers online. What's the latest tally for Washington State these days? :)

On 10/09/2013 at the Columbus SuperCharger opening, Tesla announced there were over 1000 Model S in Texas, and I've seen trucks delivering a lot more since then. In a few more days, we'll have 5 SuperChargers online. What's the latest tally for Washington State these days? :)

Back in July we were virtually tied with Washington State at 700 registered Model Ss.

Larry

Hi Stephen,

I just received some Florida registration data as of early October.

According to DMV records there were 1005 Model Ss and 73 Roadsters registered in the state of Florida in early October.

I'm wondering if Washington State, Texas and Florida are still in a dead heat for second place.

Larry

It seems that there are surprisingly few New Yorkers on these forums given that they are in third place right now.
There should probably be a separate "New York" forum. It definitely doesn't belong in "Mid-Atlantic" and it doesn't really belong in "New England" either. I think New Yorkers are a bit shy to advertise their location given that...

Exclusive: Tesla to complete new Orlando dealership in the spring

"Our new location is central to the Orlando metro area, has I-4 visibility and is near other car dealers as well — the area where people are already coming to shop for a new car," Nicholas said in an emailed response. "Florida is one of our largest North American markets and continues to grow. Currently, it houses the most owners outside of California."

Will Nicholas is Manager, Communications at Tesla.

Larry

Tom, I wash mine all the time. Not sure what you mean.

Washed or not I hate, hate, ever being is second place!:cursing: OK, I admit it, I was born in California. Even so i saw the wisdom of South Florida as at better place to live. My P85D was, I admit, also born in California, but it emigrated too. We Floridians must begin to work more diligently to become first. I suggest offering all tesla support services in Spanish and Portuguese might go quite a long way in helping us conquer the home of my birth. After all the largest US volume Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini and Bentley dealers are all in Florida after years of California dominance. Perhaps we might even change a law or two.