Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The beginning of the end of free Supercharging ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dude, would you like a comp of a low vin P85 with 221k miles and a 17k receipt for a new pack months before? Totaled out with a payout that was based upon mileage of the chassis, after fighting for higher payout? Showed the 5k additional trade in value email from tesla, showed the receipt for battery replacement.

I’ve been down your path of unrealistic thinking, but you do you. Call names, lash out, at the end of the day, bookmark this post for when yours is totaled. Would love to see what your adjuster says. 🤷🏿‍♂️
So what did they give you for a car with a new pack?

So what did they give you for a car with a new pack?
Less than the cost of the pack replacement.

Pack replacement brought their initial offer up a whopping (sub) 1k$ and less than 600$ more than their prior offer, over the course of many months of battling with facts and not emotion.

They’ll pull comps using CCC and then they’ll own you due to mileage, which would be fine if you didn’t just replace the pack and multiple RDUs.

Less than the cost of the pack replacement.

Pack replacement brought their initial offer up a whopping (sub) 1k$ and less than 600$ more than their prior offer, over the course of many months of battling with facts and not emotion.

They’ll pull comps using CCC and then they’ll own you due to mileage, which would be fine if you didn’t just replace the pack and multiple RDUs.
That is ridiculous, were you at fault ?

Considering keeping my MS20 pre refresh to rent on Turo once it’s paid off. Seems that the FUSC would be a differentiator I’m that crowded market. Other than that I believe the 6 years is a pretty reasonable deal. I can’t remember the last vehicle I’ve kept that long.

• Informative
Reactions: NV Ray
I have BMS Access. So I can see exactly how much supercharging I've done. Hard to get exact comparison to what I would have had to pay for supercharging, since I can't see the prices for supercharging, I took the rough average supercharging cost.
Comes in the most cost effective when I tow. Going from Milwaukee, to Creator Lake, Oregon towing my camper, alone would be about $2500 round trip in supercharging due to the absolutely asinine power consumption of towing my camper due to it's drag. My 24 ft x 8 ft cargo trailer, which I use locally, my 75D MX is lucky to get 60 miles on a full 100% Charge, and I don't do freeway with it. Thankfully, we have superchargers in all 4 outgoing directions from Milwaukee County now, which makes it do-able. Thats an easy $15 worth of supercharging each stop.
You can download a spreadsheet style list of all your supercharging with cost/kWh and total kWh from your account in the Tesla app

• Helpful
Reactions: buckets0fun
Who said it has no value? Of course it does, a value built into the sale price of the car. We can see clearly what Tesla values it at these days given the recent bundling and price increase - $2500 for three years average over the fleet.

Your personal use case is a prime example of why unlimited for life is never coming back - all you can eat creates perverse incentives for consumption. It was easy to offer something free when there were like 50 supercharger stations in the country and a couple hundred thousand cars - not so much any more when there’s a supercharger on every corner. Too much opportunity for free fuel (I’m certainly guilty of this myself ;) ).
On every corner???Where? I'm in the 5th largest County in South Carolina, and we do not have a supercharger yet. Also, I'm 20 miles from the largest County in South Carolina, Greenville, and they only have two superchargers.

On every corner???Where? I'm in the 5th largest County in South Carolina, and we do not have a supercharger yet. Also, I'm 20 miles from the largest County in South Carolina, Greenville, and they only have two superchargers.
Tesla puts superchargers where they have their cars. I’m in Atlanta area and there are 11 superchargers within 20 miles

When I bought my car in late 2016 the nearest supercharger station was more than 100 miles from me. There are now 10 (imminently 11) within 50 miles.

I live in central CA (not the bay area or LA).

Mason, Oh is a good example of why Tesla doesn’t gaf about Ohio. It is a wealthy area right off the stretch of i71. This would be an ideal location as there isnt anything on i71 north until Columbus. There is a charger (that sucks) about 8 miles north of Cincinnati at a Meijer w 10 total stalls 150kwh. Mason has Kings island which undoubtedly brings in many out of town guests yet no supercharger in sight if you are going north. It’s just funny to hear there are ample supercharges when there is almost always a wait at the i71 charger 8 miles north of Columbus. They need to build a 30+ charger stall near or just north of Mason.

This supercharger info web site is good at giving current, under construction, and permits. supercharge.info
Yes it is, but from my understanding Tesla has had major issues building new superchargers in Ohio. Several sites have been at a standstill over a year. Some have been torn out completely and restarted. Tesla may want to rethink those contractors.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: NV Ray
Yes it it, but from my understanding Tesla has had major issues building new superchargers in Ohio. Several sites have been at a standstill over a year. Some have been torn out completely and restarted. Tesla may want to rethink those contractors.
I wouldn't put all the blame on Tesla or their contractors, it could be local/state regulations and permits as well.

Tesla has ALL the numbers of cars in the area, supercharger usage, etc. and I would think that they are trying to install as many SuC locations as possible since it is now a revenue stream with smaller and smaller percentage of FUSC in the fleet. For example a small subset of SuC usage can be found here: SUC MAP It's pretty basic and community driven but gives a rough idea of how popular sites are.
1683818868499.png

1683819174491.png