Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Best and Fastest Wireless Charger for M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Choosing a wireless charger for our new SR+. What is the best one would be in terms of speed and quality?
WARNING TO ALL, DO NOT BUY A JEDA!
I have had 2 of them warp and one showed signs of overheating and melting the plastic cover, Jeda has terrible customer service and I am just giving you my experience with them, maybe others have different opinions but this is my dealings with them.

I have a Taptes V1 and it has been fine for many months, however, if you want faster charging then get a wired usb c charger that is capable of up to 18w charging, when on a road trip my phone stays in the wireless pad charging but the wife is on hers a lot and cannot leave it on the pad long enough to get a meaningful charge, she loves the wired version as it charges very fast even while she is using it

How do you like TapTES v2?

I know those by the names. The question is which is better and faster )

What's "better," in your mind? Speed, cost, ability to lay phone horizontal and still charge, etc. YMMV...

If you want to blow $150 on a charging pad, get the Tesla. If you want something similar for less that $39, get the TapTES v1 or v2. v2 allows for horizontal charging and viewing (no center beam).

To note as these charging mats plug into the USB ports you are severely limited at charging speed . Both wirelessly and USB-C plug charge equally as slow (I have the TapTes v2 and my S9 and Pixel 2XL charge about 10-15% on my 40 min commute). Unfortunately only way to avoid it is to plug into the lighter adapter with a fast charge plug.

• Informative
Reactions: Kappelan
How do you like charging speed from Nomad?

The charging speed is great. I've reduced my charging speed, though, by giving the Nomad only one of the two front USB ports and using a splitter to still power both sides of the pad. That way, I still have a free USB port for Sentry Mode and my wife and i can charge both our phones at the same time on the Nomad, albeit it a bit slower.

I could avoid this by tapping into the power port back under the lid of the console, but that feeds my dash cam, so I'd have to split that, too, then run a power line down the length of the console to the Nomad. That's a non-trivial project for not a lot of gain. it only took about $5 and a few seconds to put a splitter on one of the front USB ports and it's 104 degrees in north Dallas these days, so a solution that keeps me from sweating to death working in the car is the way I decided to go.

• Informative
Reactions: malou and Kappelan
WARNING TO ALL, DO NOT BUY A JEDA!
I have had 2 of them warp and one showed signs of overheating and melting the plastic cover, Jeda has terrible customer service and I am just giving you my experience with them, maybe others have different opinions but this is my dealings with them.

I have a Taptes V1 and it has been fine for many months, however, if you want faster charging then get a wired usb c charger that is capable of up to 18w charging, when on a road trip my phone stays in the wireless pad charging but the wife is on hers a lot and cannot leave it on the pad long enough to get a meaningful charge, she loves the wired version as it charges very fast even while she is using it

which version do you have? i have the jeda v2 and its been wonderful for note 9 and iphone work phone. also ordered the usb hub.

which version do you have? i have the jeda v2 and its been wonderful for note 9 and iphone work phone. also ordered the usb hub.
V1, I am warning people that if you have a problem with them , don't expect them to take care of you, customer service is non existent for me.

You must work for or be the owner of Jeda as ALL of your posts are about wireless charging pads SHAMEFUL TROLLING!

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
V1, I am warning people that if you have a problem with them , don't expect them to take care of you, customer service is non existent for me.

You must work for or be the owner of Jeda as ALL of your posts are about wireless charging pads SHAMEFUL TROLLING!

i work for belkin. wireless chargers are kind of part of my everyday hence the interest. we tend to gravitate to what we know and like.

I think, as another poster indicated, the speed of these chargers is limited by the Tesla USB ports, and not the chargers, per say. For high speed charging, you'll want to use the 12v in the center console cubby.
I use one Tesla USB port, going into a portable USB battery. The battery can charge slowly from the car, provide more power to both sides of the mat.

That battery also powers a USB cord for my wife’s iPhone, which lacks wireless recharge. Or her iPad, which demands more power than Tesla front USB can provide.

That leaves a front Tesla port open for Sentry USB stick.

• Helpful
Reactions: jebinc
I use one Tesla USB port, going into a portable USB battery. The battery can charge slowly from the car, provide more power to both sides of the mat.

That battery also powers a USB cord for my wife’s iPhone, which lacks wireless recharge. Or her iPad, which demands more power than Tesla front USB can provide.

That leaves a front Tesla port open for Sentry USB stick.

Great tip! :) But where do you plug in the game pad?! :p

But where do you plug in the game pad?!
1. Might be able to use the USB splitter that came with the charging pad. USB stick is very low power.

2. We’re grandparents. Will let sons-in-law and grandchildren worry about game pad. Besides, the 3 is my wife’s car, she is NOT a gamer. I share our S with local daughter’s family. Emissions Test mode is in heavy rotation. Streaming favorites skew to their demographic.