Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Best No-Drill No-Hole License Plate Bracket Mount for Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks,

I’ve been looking for a No-Drill No-Hole License Plate Bracket Mount for my Model X but I could not find one suitable.
- Many options on the market are quite expensive like “The law” that would cost about $150 and this as many others attach to the front plastic vent blades which in my opinion is concerning in the long run as not only it disrupts the airflow by blocking part of the front vent area but also could damage these blades in the long run, which will not be covered by the warranty.
- I have seen other solutions that attach via the front tow hook and they seem to be the best option to make not impact on the car bumper or paint. However no Model X version can be found, because the Tesla Model X front tow hook is much bigger and longer than that of other cars.

So I decided to make one and since this is a problem that many currently have I would like your help and feedback to design the perfect No-Drill No-Hole License Plate Bracket Mount for the Tesla Model X.

As an experiment I would like to make this a Tesla community led and crowdfunded project as I believe in the power of collective buying to bring about a real product to market. Please understand that this will only come to life if many of us can support this project and ask our friends to do the same. I will start a crowdfunding campaign for this after the design is finalized. But before I’d like as many as you as possible to sign up to this product design list so we can discuss the design, get your feedback before having something worth manufacturing.

If everyone actively participates, then we could have a product that everyone wants and likes. Please sign up here and I look forward to working together to bring this to market quickly.

No-Drill License Plate Bracket Mount Project

I have an initial design that I will share with those who sign up to collaborate on this.

Ideally this would be a Tesla community-led project where everything from design to realization is determined by the community’s feedback/input.
So please share this with all your Tesla friends, owners, soon to be owners and enthusiasts and let’s work together to bring this to life.

If anyone has any other ideas of other highly needed solutions, I think we could potentially explore that as well down the road.

Reactions: P85_DA
I also have this kit from ebay and so far so good. I added a strip of 3M body molding tape as I am paranoid. Top tip: Follow the directions carefully and place the toggles to the outside of the vertical vent supports. If you don't I can imagine the bolts sliding inward and the plate loosening up.