TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

The Big Idea -CNBC

Discussion in 'News' started by vfx, Nov 19, 2008.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

On CNBC tonight Wed Nov 19 at 10PM Eastern "The Big idea with Donny Deutsch" has a segment on Tesla.

2. AntronX

AntronX Member

I feel like my brain is shrinking when i watch those guys debate...

3. Sgee

Sgee Member

Honestly this is ridiculous. Im trying to sit here and stick through this, but i don't no how much more of them yelling at each other i can take. They are trying to take this political.:mad:

4. AntronX

AntronX Member

I feel sad about how low mainstream media has gone. I have a suspicion that the egghead and his friend will not have a good opinion about electric cars.

5. Sgee

Sgee Member

Sadly, some of it has gone this low. I understand I sound like an old man, but what happened to peoples manners? I think that if they ever get to Tesla they will probably write it off for its inability to bring cars to the market, and for not being able to drive off the dealership with one.

6. AntronX

AntronX Member

They may even say that it takes too long to recharge and not enough range for a roadtrip.

7. Sgee

Sgee Member

Maybe, even better, they dont get to it at all!

8. Sgee

Sgee Member

O great i was right. I have school tommorow, and i stayed up another hour to see this. LOL maybe next time.:frown:

9. AntronX

AntronX Member

there were some ads for mad money show up next, said something about "plug in".

10. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

I watched it too... Wish I hadn't.

11. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Arrrgh! I'm sooo sorry evryone went through that. I don't know if I got the info wrong or if they changed thier mind.

The commercial I saw had old Tesla footage and mention of "One new company in California" etc...

Next time we should all Tivo it and wait for the report here.

12. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

For the record.
    Turns out I still have the commercial on Tivo. I had everything right on date and time. Tesla was part of a "Detroit's future" episode. The short portion covering Tesla showed old footage of EP 1 and 2 driving together with the caption "Doing it right"in the corner. The announcer says, "What the big three can learn from an electric Roadster that runs on pennies per mile".

I have my machine set to get every episode for awhile so maybe I can catch when they finally air it.

13. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Perhaps it was the right show but they just ran out of time or edited that part out.

14. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Could be. A smart Producer will recycle it though if the D3 come up again.

15. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

CNBC is the worst offender when it comes to keeping on schedule. I record two different 1/2 hour shows and ended up with the first and 2nd half of an hour long special, on "Saving GM".

I am not going out on a limb and saying when it's on next, just look for it for the old Saving GM repackaged tied to the D3 bailout. Volt footage and info.