Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Boring Company Tunnel Event - December 18, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone going? Should be pretty cool. Unfortunately getting four days notice and so close to the holidays doesn’t make it practical (or economical) for me to go from the East Coast. Here’s the email invite I received:

Hi there,

As a valued member of the Tesla family, we are excited to invite you to attend The Boring Company tunnel event in Hawthorne, CA, on December 18th.

Please note, this event is not associated with our Referral Program Secret Levels and is hosted by The Boring Company. If you are able to attend, please RSVP via the below invitation. Additional information to follow.

DBD3FED0-E495-40EA-BA25-958E5F644C44.jpeg

We hope to see you there!

Alex

Anyone going? Should be pretty cool. Unfortunately getting four days notice and so close to the holidays doesn’t make it practical (or economical) for me to go from the East Coast. Here’s the email invite I received:

Hi there,

As a valued member of the Tesla family, we are excited to invite you to attend The Boring Company tunnel event in Hawthorne, CA, on December 18th.

Please note, this event is not associated with our Referral Program Secret Levels and is hosted by The Boring Company. If you are able to attend, please RSVP via the below invitation. Additional information to follow.

View attachment 361139

Alex
So jealous. Have the hat, not a flamethrower, even bought an extinguisher (and e-mail about the event), but no invite.
(Travel now would kill me at work though, so shrugg...)

• Funny
Reactions: Zapped

Hi there,

View attachment 361139

Alex

Not sure this is the best place for this question and I apologize if I missed a previous thread on this subject but do we know when the Boring Bricks will go on sale? I've miss out on the Flame Thrower and hats and some of these other quarky items and would love to try to get at least one. Thanks!

I'll be going! I got the invite and I live around an hour or so away with traffic. I'm a bit confused, though. I got the invite but my friend with a Model 3 didn't, and my brother who also has a Model X also didn't get the invite even though he's registered at the same address as I am.

What time does it start? Will there be a live stream?

I was wondering the same thing. I checked their site but no mention of a live feed. Have my Boring Hat and really wanted to share in this Day 1 trip. Cool invite to get and need to report back with photos or video. Wonder how many people got chosen for the invite and how many will attend.

BTW we have a SpaceX forum area. Why not The Boring Company one? wasn't even sure where to post.

UPDATE: It will happen tonight and there will be a Livestream. Saw this report on CBS LA: https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/video/3996153-elon-musk-to-unveil-boring-co-tunnel/
LOL they had nice coverage but didn't say when this is suppose to happen tonight.

Last edited:
My email didn't have a start time. I'm sure if I had registered I would have received additional information. I just clicked through and it says the event is at capacity (but no reference to the start time).

Found the time for the event on inverse's site. Link below is to The Boring Company's home page where I'm guessing the video feed will appear like on SpaceX's site.

"You can follow along with the action with a webcast that will kick off at 8 p.m. Pacific Time, or 11 p.m. Eastern."

Loved your pre-event feed Zac. So glad we had someone on the ground there. Of course can't wait to see your tunnel ride. So did #003 get you third person in the Model S or was it an MX?

Didn't know if we'd see the tower and the Knight and so that helped round out the night. 6 Garys huh? Live fast I guess if you’re a snail as time is short.

Have to wonder if we were watching something that will take off and change our world again. Elon was in good spirits, relaxed and enjoying the evening.

Last edited: