Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Breakers Hotel in West Palm Beach, Tesla Ready....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

fiksegts

Jan 6, 2013
Miami
Stayed over night at The Breakers in West Palm Beach, pulled up to the Valet to check in and they asked if I would like them to charge up the car, I said sure and asked if they need any adapters. They said no, they have what they need for Teslas. They topped off the car from 160 to 233 miles before we were ready to head out to dinner. On my app it was charging at 20 MPH @ 30 amps. Now the car is up front next to the Phantom....

Florida Resorts: The Breakers Palm Beach Oceanfront Luxury Hotel Vacations

Reactions: Tezlowski
Stayed over night at The Breakers in West Palm Beach, pulled up to the Valet to check in and they asked if I would like them to charge up the car, I said sure and asked if they need any adapters. They said no, they have what they need for Teslas. They topped off the car from 160 to 233 miles before we were ready to head out to dinner. On my app it was charging at 20 MPH @ 30 amps. Now the car is up front next to the Phantom....

Florida Resorts: The Breakers Palm Beach Oceanfront Luxury Hotel Vacations

Very Nice! Looks like they put in a 30A J1772. That would be an very intelligent choice for a hotel. A 40A circuit is pretty cheap to install; because of the Leaf, Volt, etc, 30A J1772 EVSE's are relatively cheap; and even for a big, 85 kWh MS, a 20 mph charging rate overnight is a huge convenience!

I hope that you tipped that valet well!!

It's great that the Breakers has a charger. It's a terrific hotel. I don't know if there's a category or thread that lists hotels with chargers, but if any other members know of some, and will post them, I think it would be really helpful to a lot of our members.
Thanks.

It's great that the Breakers has a charger. It's a terrific hotel. I don't know if there's a category or thread that lists hotels with chargers, but if any other members know of some, and will post them, I think it would be really helpful to a lot of our members.
Thanks.
I'm maintaining a thread for Florida hotels with chargers.
Hotels in Florida with Charging Stations

I've added this hotel to that thread.

Larry

Here's the link to Google Map showing the Florida hotels with chargers.

Map of Florida Hotels with Electric Charging Stations

By the way, those Florida residents interested in joining our club, please email me directly at [email protected].

Last edited:
I usually stay at Hilton Hotels. When I emailed them to send me a list of their hotels that had chargers they replied back asking me which hotels I was interested in. I wasn't interested in any particular one just wanted to know which ones I would visit if I decided to take a trip. Seems like they do like to keep it a secret or at least not easily available information.