TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

The Call to Action, Taking the Dealers Head on

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by Clprenz, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Clprenz

Clprenz Member

I invite you to send you congressman an email outlining Tesla's fight against the dealers. Cite consumer surveys, the petition, and other research (Elon quotes)
    POLL FROM AUSTIN BUSINESS JOURNAL SHOWS OVERWHELMING PUBLIC SUPPORT FOR TESLA MOTORS SELLING ELECTRIC CARS DIRECT TO CONSUMERS IN TEXAS | Press Releases | Tesla Motors
    allow Tesla Motors to sell directly to consumers in all 50 states. | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government

I emailed my congressman Aaron Schock, Believer in alternative energy (and fracking :( and oil wells :( and the keystone pipeline :( basically anything US), inviting him to arrange a Test drive and talk out the issue.

I would cater the email to that persons personal beliefs. EX: I outlined the fact that electric cars can only use US energy since you can't import electricity.
    Let me know what you think.

Obama is probably 95% not going to respond to the petition (mopping up Obamacare disaster :cursing:)

2. clea

clea Member

Actually this is false as the US imports electricity from Canada all the time.

3. jaanton

jaanton Roadster NA #1026

I'm pretty sure Texas doesn't import power from Canada. I believe there are three grids... Eastern, Western, and Texas. Texas always has to be different. Very different.

4. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Member

Oh hush with that! Not like he's sitting there re-programming the site lol Here is the problem in Texas, the oil industry is not only opposed to Tesla's success, they are actively trying to muck up the works. Add in the GOP opposition to anything pro-science or pro-environment and you have Tesla caught in the triangulation. Elon needs a POLITICAL operation, and it appears he doesnt as of yet. Pretending the threat is just market based, and not ideological intransigence is a huge mistake IMHO and since this is my line of work, I think my opinion carries a bit of weight here. :tongue:

5. Clprenz

Clprenz Member

For the most part... The point was being that you can't usually have middle eastern oil, unstable governments and such