Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Campaign for Elon's Sleep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I'm not much of a techie but I know a thing or two about sleep and lifestyle. I am very worried that Elon's lifestyle is too pressured. I worry that he's not getting enough sleep, not getting enough downtime (if any), not getting enough exercise (though I have no clue if this is true).

These are important first and foremost for himself and his family, and secondarily for the future of the world.

As you get older, it becomes more evident that you have to take care of your health. When that goes, you realize you've lost something essential you've taken for granted.

You have to actively work on health - not just on exercise as most people might think, but you need to actively seek out relaxation, actively protect your sleep time and so on.

I do not mean to pry into his personal life. I just want to put it out there, that though we're huge fans of Tesla here, and some of us of SpaceX, some are shareholders etc., even though we're all rooting for the success of all these ventures, we also really really want Elon to take care of himself. I'd like him to hear this from us, and hopefully from a large group.

"... You have to actively work on health ..."

Well said; totally agree about relaxation.

Not to divert this -- important -- topic, but... I wonder if anyone does any data mining of Elon's tweets or other commications to do a time-series cross-tab of Company (SolarCity, Tesla, SpaceX) versus Emotion (positive / negative / offensive / defensive / etc.).

Anecdotally, it 'feels' like Elon is, or perhaps wants to, shift from Tesla to SpaceX on a permanent move. He has led Tesla to great achievements, and, as of late, so many negative forces are coming together to attempt to derail the vision. Compare this with SpaceX.

It feels like we are coming to a critical inflection point; not sure if that point will come before Gigafactory and / or Model 3.

Nice thoughts, but I doubt Elon would heed the concerns expressed here by a bunch of strangers on an Internet forum. By now, he's probably already received input from friends and family regarding his frenetic lifestyle. If they haven't been able to change his behavior, I doubt any of us can, regardless of the number of entreaties posted here. It may have to take a major medical event and a dire warning from medical professionals to get him to slow down. Or maybe going to Mars will finally give him the opportunity to chill... then again, he's Elon, so he may just take it upon himself to lead the transformation of the Martian landscape while there. ;)

Last edited:
Hey, if that side project painting schedule worked for Michelangelo... (4 hours on, 1 hour off to sleep, rinse and repeat). Just saying.

Y'all would be surprised at the average amount of sleep per night C-level folks get in general - especially during the standard work week. Let's just say a five-sided die would be more than sufficient. Clearly not sustainable - especially compounded with the effects of aging. There was a reason during the first Internet boom why the average tenure of a CIO was a hair under 18 months (per engagement). But I digress.

I believe the sweet spot for powernaps has been determined to be 20 minutes, 40 minutes, and 80 minutes. Any more than the latter and you might as well call it a night.

Hi all,

I'm not much of a techie but I know a thing or two about sleep and lifestyle. I am very worried that Elon's lifestyle is too pressured. I worry that he's not getting enough sleep, not getting enough downtime (if any), not getting enough exercise (though I have no clue if this is true).

Do great things while you can. No shame in dying young.

Last edited:
Okay.

This way madness lies.

"The campaign for Elon's regular bowel movements"

"The campaign for Elon to embrace the teachings of Gwyneth"

He's focussed; he's driven; he's doing what he loves.

We're starting to sound like Elon's disapproving relative; resentful that we didn't get to share the same metabolism / ability / crack habit and that his life should follow the wisdom of crowds.

Just because Crowd-funding is a good idea doesn't make Crowd-thinking a no-brainer. In fact, that tends to be the problem. Just look at the news today.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: weak_pig
He's focussed; he's driven; he's doing what he loves.

We're starting to sound like Elon's disapproving relative; resentful that we didn't get to share the same metabolism / ability / crack habit and that his life should follow the wisdom of crowds.

You misconstrued my intent entirely.

Since in a way he's doing what he's doing for
us - for all of us - I wanted to put it out there that we the people want him to take care of himself. For himself, not to ensure high stock prices.

And as far as being driven - there are limits to every human. We're all mortal.