Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The car that keeps giving...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a meeting at my daughter's school early this morning. When I finished the meeting and left the building to head to work, the outside temp was about 32F, slightly drizzling, and windy. As the meeting concluded, I opened the app and turned on the car's heater. Upon leaving the building, I stood in the nice warm vestibule and summoned the car to the front door, watching the car turn its wipers on, signal as it pulled out of the parking space, and very carefully drive itself along the front of the building to stop right at the front door. I stepped out of the vestibule and walked a mere ten feet into a snuggly warm car.

The people who walked me to the door were blown away by all this.

I had a meeting at my daughter's school early this morning. When I finished the meeting and left the building to head to work, the outside temp was about 32F, slightly drizzling, and windy. As the meeting concluded, I opened the app and turned on the car's heater. Upon leaving the building, I stood in the nice warm vestibule and summoned the car to the front door, watching the car turn its wipers on, signal as it pulled out of the parking space, and very carefully drive itself along the front of the building to stop right at the front door. I stepped out of the vestibule and walked a mere ten feet into a snuggly warm car.

Hmph! In the UK teachers aren’t paid enough to afford FSD - and we don’t have all the functions you have in the states. Not that I’m at all jealous or disgruntled of course. :rolleyes::confused:

Electric windscreen car is probably close but its not a Tesla! From memory it’s a case of get in a cold car, start the engine, click the windscreen button, wait a short while....M3 is already waiting, warm and ready to drive straight off, ahh. First world problem I guess!

I couldn't live without remotely operated cabin preconditioning now. Both cars I've owned since 2013 have had it, and it's significantly better than windscreen heating, IMHO, not only because the whole cabin is warm and the screen defrosted in winter, but just as much for being able to pre-cool the car when it's been sat parked in the sun.

Quick!!! Key it!!! jk but that’s probably what a lot of people are thinking . This can easily be available for everyone now. #spaceshiplife

If you’re talking about cabin pre-heating via the app then it’s a nice luxury feature but not something unique to Tesla.

Don’t quite get what you mean by ‘the car that keeps giving’ and the example you give.

So, I can't speak for the OP, but...

No, it's not unique to Tesla, but there seem to be no more than five other cars out there that claim "remote pre-conditioning," and I'm not even sure that it's at the level of control that Tesla gives.

But, on top of that, as others have said, this is a car that keeps getting better with just OTA updates (including "Summon"). Not too many cars can say that...