Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The catastrophe of FSD and erosion of trust in Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD has become a catastrophe, and a dangerous one at that. While most of us wait in the dark, Elon tweets about 10.12 being a game changer yet 90% of the beta fleet has not received 10.11 and remains two upgrades behind with zero indications of why this is... could it be that none of those problems, especially PB, are fixed in 10.11 or 10.11.1 ? Highly likely. I am on the verge of filing a NTSB complaint if Tesla does not come clean here, and I never thought I would see such a day. I have always patiently supported the product, but enough is enough, and the most recent Elon tweets have pushed me nearer the edge.

I could go on about the dangers and regressions we have seen with the beta, 10.10.2 in particular, but they are well documented in this forum and elsewhere. So if you are driving yourself nuts with safety scores thinking you want the beta, be advised that the reason it is not coming is that the existing releases are not just bad, they are catastrophically bad, and dangerous as hell.

In the midst of this, Elon tweets about possibly starting a new social media platform due to Twitter "echo chamber" mis-information, but how are his comments that ignore the obvious elephant in the room any different? The Emperor has no clothes.

I hope I am proven wrong in the weeks to come, but my trust is quickly eroding.
I rode home on FSD Beta from the grocery store tonight. A cop had pulled someone over and just finished the stop as I was driving by. I can feel his eyes beaming as I approached the stop sign, waiting for me to run it. Fortunately, FSD Beta sits at stop signs forever, denying him of the chance to pull me over.

Works good enough for me.

I rode home on FSD Beta from the grocery store tonight. A cop had pulled someone over and just finished the stop as I was driving by. I can feel his eyes beaming as I approached the stop sign, waiting for me to run it. Fortunately, FSD Beta sits at stop signs forever, denying him of the chance to pull me over.

Works good enough for me.
If he wanted, he could have pulled you over for impeding the flow of traffic. :p