Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The charging (money wise) of superchargers.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would someone be kind enough to tell me how you are charged when it comes to utilising the superchargers please (or point me in the right direction).

So a few weeks ago (4 days after taking delivery) we went to Santa Barbara from Las Vegas stopping at Primm and Hisperia to charge (plus local charging at superchargers when we arrived at the destination) - we weren't charged anything.

Yesterday we travelled to Carlsbad stopping at Barstow to charge (again supercharger) this time we were charged.

Not complaining at all just curious.

TIA

So yeah checked my tesla account and it's only showing the session from Barstow yesterday - I don't think I have 1000 free miles as my mate gave me his referral link after I'd ordered and tesla Las Vegas said they couldn't apply it retrospectively

It also tells you in the nav what the SC will charge.
Cost is also displayed on the charging screen while you're charging.
Sometimes the location will cover the cost of the charge, but thats up to them, its easier to assume you will be billed what it says in the nav beforehand and charging screen while your charging.

Ah so the location can cover the cost, that might explain it, didn't realise that could occur
it's usually $0.34 kwh. You are billed every time you use a tesla supercharger without a referral code. Tap on the supercharger location on the map then it will show the price of the supercharging location. You can email the referral team. I dont remember the email

So yeah checked my tesla account and it's only showing the session from Barstow yesterday - I don't think I have 1000 free miles as my mate gave me his referral link after I'd ordered and tesla Las Vegas said they couldn't apply it retrospectively
You can email [email protected] with your reservation number and the referral code. And they will add it for you up until delivery day. Some SAs have not been helpful.

However, not sure if they can do anything for you after delivery. But who knows. It’s worth a shot if you explain it to them that you didn’t get the initial 1,000 miles.