Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

the chrome telsa door sills protection??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So funny to see your post. We just took our new MS in for Xpel Ultimate this afternoon and asked about doing them (front doors are the only ones with the chrome sills btw). Said it could be done and added that to our coverage. Won't get car back until end of next week so can't comment on the result yet.

OK picked up our car over the weekend and they did put Xpel on our sills but they were concerned about cutting around the lettering and scratching the plate so didn't do that in our case. Instead they cut the area out around it but I realize that unprotected portion can still get scratched. I know the sills scratch very easily from lots of other posts about it so knew we'd rather have something covering them than not. Here's the result of what they did:

Model S Door Sill Xpel'd - 1.jpg

So today happened to find the rpmtesla.com site while looking for something else and what do you know...I find they have precut Xpel door sills for sale to apply yourself. Don't know if they are laser cut or what but prefer the finished look of these over what we did. Figure you guys who are still looking for a solution would be interested in these. There's a youtube video among the photos so check it out to see how it gets applied and see the finished results. Showed my hubby and we ended up ordering a pair from them. Figured it was best to redo ours now before the plate gets scratched in the name area. Free shipping on it, payment through Paypal who passes all the mailing address info on to the company (totally a secure connection end to end--lock icon and green print in URL). Will get email and tracking shortly.

Xpel Clear Door Sills RPM Tesla

For those that have carbon fiber they also offer a carbon fiber door sill version, but note that they list older car models for them:

Carbon Fiber Door Sills RPM Tesla

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jimmy 1
I covered mine with XPEL. The fluid solution used to adhere it (soapy water) will slowly come out in time and leave it looking great. I was able to squeegee out most of the solution.

@mbhforum they can be removed and replaced. They are just stuck down with double sided tape but removing them can bend them. If you are replacing them, I wouldn't worry about bending them. Not sure how much new ones would be from Tesla though.

Thanks Erik

Here is my install video:

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I covered mine with XPEL. The fluid solution used to adhere it (soapy water) will slowly come out in time and leave it looking great. I was able to squeegee out most of the solution.

@mbhforum they can be removed and replaced. They are just stuck down with double sided tape but removing them can bend them. If you are replacing them, I wouldn't worry about bending them. Not sure how much new ones would be from Tesla though.

Thanks Erik

Here is my install video:

Hi Erik, I thought your's should be replaced by these ones!

FullSizeRender 5.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Jimmy 1 and DÆrik