Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The coming Tesla cash cow and the short burn of the century

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks @Right_Said_Fred.

Back in 2014, the TSLA 3.0 concept (Articles/megaposts by DaveT) helped me to see Tesla's potential of reaching their $150b market cap in 2020.

I'm starting to formulate a TSLA 4.0 concept... and that is how autonomous driving will drive sentiment going forward for Tesla and their stock price.

I'm not as giddy as some in terms of how fast I think Robotaxi will roll out, but I do think the market is massive and the opportunity tremendous. It could drive Tesla growth for the next 15+ years.

The big question is when does it rollout and how does it get priced into the stock.

It's just such an ambiguous timeline since it's not completely in Tesla's control. Compare that to the Model 3 rollout... back in 2013, there was decent visibility in terms of timeline and units to be produced.

So many people are tossing out price targets, and I have my own personal price target that aligns more with Elon Musk's incentive plan... $700B+ market cap by 2028 or so... and probably $1 trillion by 2030. But the X factor truly is autonomous driving and how fast it rolls out.

I also have some extensive price projections/forecasts I did from back in 2013/2014... forecasting stock price ranges until 2020, and my high range was $1000 in 2020. I might be releasing those spreadsheets in the near future... if I can be convinced they can be helpful to others.

you should release them. and please private message me when you do.

i'm a reasonably good analyst but i stand humbled by your excellent long term predictions. it's a valuable lesson that those spreadsheets will help me and others learn. thanks. your youtube channel is fantastic.