Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The correct method to escape from the falcon wing door of Model X.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently, people was buzzing with the accident that model x caught on fire and the falcon wing door wouldn’t open.
As a Tesla owner ,everyone should watch the video carefully to learn the way to escape from the falcon wing door ,which can save yourself at essential moment.
Xiao mage highly appeal to you to prepare the fire extinguisher and vehicle emergency hammer at your car (not only for electric or gasoline cars).Passengers may feel panic while actually in case of an accident that it will more difficult for them to take a series of steps to open the door. The most simplest but effective way is to smash the door with emergency hammer.
As a super fan of Tesla, I have prepared 1000 pairs of emergency hammers for your safety and better experience of driving the car ,will hand out to Tesla owners one by one.

WeChat Image_20170425155049.jpg

For something that may be better than a hammer, take a look at one of these emergency knives. This is what EMTs and other emergency personnel carry for extrication. It has a special cutter for the seatbelt if that gets jammed, and also has the striker on the end of handle for breaking glass. I think I'd rather use one of these than a little hammer. Point pressure is much more certain to shatter a window if needed. I've carried one of these in my door pocket for years. (And you never know when a knife might come in handy. Do check your local regs on knife carry, of course!)

CRKT Carson M16-12ZLEK Tanto Zytel Folding Knife - Black Serr - Blade Play

They have it in screaming orange also, if you want it to look like emergency equipment.

Reactions: hiroshiy
They were in a high speed crash such that both cars caught fire and they escaped without serious injuries. Hats off to Tesla's safety! No one was trapped as they climbed out the front door - much better than needing an extraction or climbing through broken glass. NYSB evaluated Tesla fire safety and found it safer than gasoline cars.
Yes .i agree with you.And i think that every car owner should prepare the fire extinguisher and emergency hammer in their car.To make sure their safety.

For something that may be better than a hammer, take a look at one of these emergency knives. This is what EMTs and other emergency personnel carry for extrication. It has a special cutter for the seatbelt if that gets jammed, and also has the striker on the end of handle for breaking glass. I think I'd rather use one of these than a little hammer. Point pressure is much more certain to shatter a window if needed. I've carried one of these in my door pocket for years. (And you never know when a knife might come in handy. Do check your local regs on knife carry, of course!)

CRKT Carson M16-12ZLEK Tanto Zytel Folding Knife - Black Serr - Blade Play

They have it in screaming orange also, if you want it to look like emergency equipment.
It is strange to me that the emergency release instructions for the Frunk and Trunk are in the manual
but for the Falcon Wing Doors they are in the First Responders Guide.
FcZiWRK.jpg

rufxaHX.jpg
Deeply thx for your sharing .