Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The CPUC has authorized funds to shift funds out of the large-scale SGIP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lowest federal is like 15%. And since I see on TV so many have zero savings, for two batteries thats like 4K

Talking ER which is for low income, plus fire plus medical baseline or well. How is this tax exempt?

Because California is a blue state and asks those with resources to subsidize those without. And the people administrating the programs skim money in the process. This is why Elon is packing up and moving to Texas.

Low income can’t even afford the base down payments on some of these programs. So the vendors selling the stuff lock those low income folks into high interest leases. Ultimately you’re helping to subsidize the programs one way or another. The state gets to say it helped disadvantaged folks and some companies turn a profit. But you pay the highest taxes in the USA. This is the order of things to enjoy what California provides.

Because California is a blue state and asks those with resources to subsidize those without. And the people administrating the programs skim money in the process. This is why Elon is packing up and moving to Texas.

Low income can’t even afford the base down payments on some of these programs. So the vendors selling the stuff lock those low income folks into high interest leases. Ultimately you’re helping to subsidize the programs one way or another. The state gets to say it helped disadvantaged folks and some companies turn a profit. But you pay the highest taxes in the USA. This is the order of things to enjoy what California provides.

Totally agree. I am feeling I have been had. Meaning, no where in the process, from the sales person, submitted material, etc., did anyone ever say one would have to pay taxes on the value. This is a lot of money. And again, when everything I Read basically says the ER program covers all costs including full installation, but ignores the tax liability, well, is this not some type of sham?

Update: as of the SGIP webinar on Feb 26, there is only $28mm left (remaining step 3 and upcoming step 4) for SGIP large-scale in the PG&E area.

This would fund about 2,000 projects assuming projects are about 4 batteries on average.

I have this sense of impending doom that my Step 2 application submitted in 2019 is going to either ultimately be denied or told that I am kicked down to step 4 or whatever... until then I am stuck in the SGIP Bog of eternal sadness...

This week I received another infamous "SGIP Request for Clarification / Missing Information" and the only thing was with the Preliminary Monitoring Plan... unfortunately my installer just showed me a screenshot from the portal that says it's approved and she can't even re-submit it... Hello another 30+ day clock...

I have this sense of impending doom that my Step 2 application submitted in 2019 is going to either ultimately be denied or told that I am kicked down to step 4 or whatever... until then I am stuck in the SGIP Bog of eternal sadness...

This week I received another infamous "SGIP Request for Clarification / Missing Information" and the only thing was with the Preliminary Monitoring Plan... unfortunately my installer just showed me a screenshot from the portal that says it's approved and she can't even re-submit it... Hello another 30+ day clock...

The confusing part is that "step" has two meanings with SGIP.

The funds are released in tranches or "steps:". And it's possible you should still be in queue to access the second tranche of released funds. Based on the time your system was installed, you'd be in "Step 2" of the funds process.

The large-scale application (>10 kW) is a "three step" process. The Step 2 in this process is the part where you get an energy efficiency audit and attest to things like your peak demand, monitoring, and other site details. I believe you're also in Step 2 of this process.

I think them resetting your application should keep you in the second "step of funding tranches" since your application hasn't been rejected. I think you can email [email protected] and confirm if you're in step 2 of funds and step 2 of the application process.

PS, how did you size your # of batteries relative to your Greenbutton data?

upload_2021-2-26_16-30-31.png

PS, how did you size your # of batteries relative to your Greenbutton data?

View attachment 640429

I didn't use greenbutton data to make my decision about how many PW. I knew I wanted full home backup and it was a new to us a 2 story house with 2 old A/C units, a single speed pool pump and I run slightly more computer equipment than the average home.
So just on the "30A breaker per PW" I knew I wanted 3.

Because PG&E can't share the previous owners data and the previous owner said they didn't have it (they were older and not tech savy) we really did a SWAG on our expected usage in order to size our PV system. Not withstanding the weirdness of 2019-2020 I think we did a pretty good job. I'm optimistic that 2021 our system will produce as expected.

You are right, there is. Once the application is approved, the funds are reserved for a year.

All the best,

BG
Every clarification / missing information nasty email from PG&E has this in it:
---------------------------------
Once the RRF is approved, you will receive a Reservation Notice Letter (Conditional or Confirmed). Important: incentive funds for this project are only reserved once you have received this Reservation Notice Letter.
----------------------------------
It's like they are reminding you that the money isn't yours yet...

I got the wonderful SGIP Confirmed Reservation Letter (email) yesterday!!!

Equipment Type:
Electrochemical Storage
Storage Capacity:
39.6 kWh
Rated Capacity:
15.000 kW
Paired With:
Photovoltaic
Confirmed Incentive Amount:
$10,092.00
Application Fee Paid:
$500.93
Reservation Expiration Date:​
03/16/22

My application was in December of 2019, Install completed the same month. PTO received August of 2020 (After several round of NGOM nonsense; we did not get a separate meter). It felt like my application was stuck in an infinite loop as we kept getting "can't open green button data" or "storage plan not accepted". Of course every time there was a clarification it took over a month to get a response.

My installer said there is a second round of paper work and an inspection before funds are released. So I know this isn't the end, but at least we took a huge step forward today.

Note: After everything I have learned through this process if I had to do it over, I would probably choose to have Tesla do PV / PW install in the future. I know I paid a premium over Tesla's prices to have a third party installer. I did this mostly because I really wanted the SGIP rebate and Tesla funds were exhausted. Now that it will be almost 2 years after install that I get my incentive, I doubt that it was worth all the headaches.

I got the wonderful SGIP Confirmed Reservation Letter (email) yesterday!!!

Equipment Type:
Electrochemical Storage
Storage Capacity:
39.6 kWh
Rated Capacity:
15.000 kW
Paired With:
Photovoltaic
Confirmed Incentive Amount:
$10,092.00
Application Fee Paid:
$500.93
Reservation Expiration Date:​
03/16/22

My application was in December of 2019, Install completed the same month. PTO received August of 2020 (After several round of NGOM nonsense; we did not get a separate meter). It felt like my application was stuck in an infinite loop as we kept getting "can't open green button data" or "storage plan not accepted". Of course every time there was a clarification it took over a month to get a response.

My installer said there is a second round of paper work and an inspection before funds are released. So I know this isn't the end, but at least we took a huge step forward today.

Note: After everything I have learned through this process if I had to do it over, I would probably choose to have Tesla do PV / PW install in the future. I know I paid a premium over Tesla's prices to have a third party installer. I did this mostly because I really wanted the SGIP rebate and Tesla funds were exhausted. Now that it will be almost 2 years after install that I get my incentive, I doubt that it was worth all the headaches.
Glad you got some money reserved since I hear they are out.

Wow, almost two years from the install date to the reservation letter? That is... crazy.

But still...

View attachment 645325

Admittedly a painful process pre-COVID... add massive processing bottleneck on PG&E, third party installer furloughing their entire support department, service manager not understanding the difference between Large Scale and Residential SGIP, hiring the SGIP processor back as a consultant for my file (and a handful of others) and smacking my head against the wall when PG&E couldn't open Green Button data from CSV or Excel (allegedly)...

SHOW ME THE MONEY!