TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

The Cringe

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by AngelArm1110, Jul 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AngelArm1110

AngelArm1110 Member

Why have they cranked the cringe up so much on this event? This is worse than a thousand Micheal Scotts

• Like x 3
  2. timk225

timk225 Member

Listening to Elon sputter and stammer through his speech was kind of amusing. But we finally got the performance numbers. Now was that so hard? Did it warrant all the secrecy?

3. AngelArm1110

AngelArm1110 Member

Actually this time I found Elon a pleasure to listen to, I was actually referring to the pre show webcast

• Like x 1
  4. computerchuck

computerchuck Member

When it comes to his public speaking abilities (at least live events)..... wow. horrible.

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  5. kingjamez

kingjamez Member

Elon wasn't the problem this time. The factory tour guy was just awful. Elon did pretty well considering himself.

• Like x 2
  6. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I thought the presenters were fine. They were actual employees, not professional actors, so give them a break.

• Like x 5
  7. omgwtfbyobbq

omgwtfbyobbq Member

Ditto! I'd rather Tesla be frugal in their events than drop a big wad of cash on them.

• Like x 1
  8. Candleflame

Candleflame Member

he does have speech issues but unlike other ceos hiding in a corner somewhere he still goes on stage. so who can fault him? - it has also gotten a lot better. a few years ago he sometimes couldnt even get a sentence out on stage.

unlike all other companies tesla does not use professional presenters. The employees do it all themselves.

9. robski

robski Member

Elon probably just got off of a plane after "entertaining" a few chicks and green lighting the next SpaceX launch. I'd imagine he ain't got time for dry runs. The one thing I liked was him mentioning how much he/Tesla really appreciated us for sticking it out. It was genuine.

10. Trips

Trips Member

This was just like any SpaceX launch and I like the presentation. Elon was his normal self. He is very unscripted and honest. I wish Franz would have talked a little longer. Personally I liked the Model S launch better.