Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The D thread Australia & New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car came on the ANL BAREGA which arrived (from memory) on 28 Feb 2015.
I got an email from the delivery people on 10 March saying the pre-delivery was complete and it was about to be trucked to Brisbane.
On 18 March, I took delivery of the car in Brisbane (with much gnashing of teeth).

Well that's just a horror story.... I know people who have had less jail sentences than that for stealing a bloody car!

It's like when an aeroplane lands and gets to the terminal. I could never ever ever understand why it takes so long before they actually open the front door of the plane to let the people off. I mean the plane took hours and hours to come in for a landing. And that last quarter of a goddam hour to open the front door is enough to just make you strangle yourself.

So here we are anxiously awaiting our cars. Almost a year after buying it, we get a VIN. Then another eternity and the car is in production. Same again until it is in 'transit', which really means that it is waiting around for a ship. The ship takes less than 5 minutes to get here, and then it takes two weeks to go through customs and another glorious week for the Sydney people to polish the darn thing. I mean come on... got to draw the line somewhere!

Well that's just a horror story.... I know people who have had less jail sentences than that for stealing a bloody car!

It's like when an aeroplane lands and gets to the terminal. I could never ever ever understand why it takes so long before they actually open the front door of the plane to let the people off. I mean the plane took hours and hours to come in for a landing. And that last quarter of a goddam hour to open the front door is enough to just make you strangle yourself.

So here we are anxiously awaiting our cars. Almost a year after buying it, we get a VIN. Then another eternity and the car is in production. Same again until it is in 'transit', which really means that it is waiting around for a ship. The ship takes less than 5 minutes to get here, and then it takes two weeks to go through customs and another glorious week for the Sydney people to polish the darn thing. I mean come on... got to draw the line somewhere!

Oh ZTrekus, thanks for brightening my day. :wink:

Guys don't forget that after it lands, and goes through customs clearance, they still need time to do pre delivery inspection and detailing - but the wait will be worth it!

The ship with my car is still at the dock and apparently leaves in a few days. Couldn't be the Cap Blanche though because that's currently in Seattle according to MarineTraffic.com

ZTrekus I'd say with the large number of Tesla's on this next ship we'll be lucky to receive delivery within 2 weeks of the ship arriving.

also spare a thought for the poor Tesla service guys who have to do a crapload of pre-delivery inspections. They're going to be working ridiculous hours so their customers can get their cars as soon as possible - I think in this respect they DO go above and beyond.

Anyways I can understand the impatience, I was exactly the same waiting for my car, as I'm sure a lot of people on here were. Just hold tight, the entire wait is forgotten the first time you sit in that driver's seat :)

The ship with my car is still at the dock and apparently leaves in a few days. Couldn't be the Cap Blanche though because that's currently in Seattle according to MarineTraffic.com

ZTrekus I'd say with the large number of Tesla's on this next ship we'll be lucky to receive delivery within 2 weeks of the ship arriving.

Could it be the 'CAP CAPRICORN' which left Oakland on the 27th and is currently in Long Beach before it departs to Melbourne via NZ.

Well, hello Sailor!
image.jpg

According to Dr Google, the Port of Long Beach is 381 miles or 5h 44m away via the I-5N (whatever that means) from Fremont, California: Google Maps

But I am guessing that the Tesla factory at Fremont has its own freight train terminal where they load cars into containers and train them direct?? I mean that's just my guess from spotting what appear to be railway lines alongside the boarder of the factory. Anyone know more than this?

Then again, it is only 33 mins to the Port of Oakland or 26.4 miles... maybe they load them there: Google Maps

... when you are waiting.... knowledge helps I always say...

According to Dr Google, the Port of Long Beach is 381 miles or 5h 44m away via the I-5N (whatever that means) from Fremont, California: Google Maps

But I am guessing that the Tesla factory at Fremont has its own freight train terminal where they load cars into containers and train them direct?? I mean that's just my guess from spotting what appear to be railway lines alongside the boarder of the factory. Anyone know more than this?

Then again, it is only 33 mins to the Port of Oakland or 26.4 miles... maybe they load them there: Google Maps

... when you are waiting.... knowledge helps I always say...

They definately go onto a ship at long beach. Don't know how they get there though.