Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The D thread Australia & New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About the only thing I don't like about the car is the internet radio. I miss being able to play full albums. Hopefully, there will be an upgrade at some stage.

Yeah, we've all been waiting for that one. Come on Tesla, this is a huge defect! You can search for an album, select it, then listen to a selection of absolutely nothing from that album. It's infuriating!

Trying to explain to a 4-year-old why she can't listen to the songs from Frozen in the right order is a major distraction from driving!

About the only thing I don't like about the car is the internet radio. I miss being able to play full albums. Hopefully, there will be an upgrade at some stage.

Can't you do that with a thumb drive?

Oh.. I just read gizmonty's reply...

p.s. Thanks all for your well-wishes... The Tesla family is a friendly one. Reminds me of a time when all Peugeot drivers used to waive at eachother on the roads. One day a guy's dad borrowed his Peugeot and when he got back he exclaimed to his wife, "I didn't realise how popular my son was!"

Last edited:
So, Ztrekus, according to consumer reports, your car gets 103 out of 100!!
Good luck and enjoy. Don't do what I did. The anticipation had been so great, that by the time I got my car, I was so nervous I landed up causing damage on day 1. I STRONGLY. Suggest that you refrain from getting into tight car parks or car parks with tight curved ramps for at least the first month, until you have sorted out which of the multiple sensors you are going to use use to judge distances. Else you are likely to damage your wheels and or bumper covers.
The reversing lines are very accurate I have found and lie exactly at the outer edge of your tyres. Bear in mind the car widens above that point!!

So, Ztrekus, according to consumer reports, your car gets 103 out of 100!!
Good luck and enjoy. Don't do what I did. The anticipation had been so great, that by the time I got my car, I was so nervous I landed up causing damage on day 1. I STRONGLY. Suggest that you refrain from getting into tight car parks or car parks with tight curved ramps for at least the first month, until you have sorted out which of the multiple sensors you are going to use use to judge distances. Else you are likely to damage your wheels and or bumper covers.
The reversing lines are very accurate I have found and lie exactly at the outer edge of your tyres. Bear in mind the car widens above that point!!

Oh Dborn, that is exactly the type of message that I was fearing... I have recently acquired a new parking spot in the city, and it is literally between two pillars and is so tight, that you literally cannot open a door. LITERALLY! Thus I have to park jutting out a bit just to get the front door open. Now that is with the small i3 which has a pug nose. Terribly worried about Bigus Dickus. I would hate to have to give up one of the most conveniently located spots with the best price all because I splurged on a super car and gave the i3 to the wife.
----
Yesterday I had a terrible day in Court...I mean one of those really really terrible days where you are getting bludgeoned to death by three judges all at the same time and which just goes on and on and on and just when I said to myself, "What the hell else can go wrong with this day?" (and expecting it to start storming outside), I noticed that my phone was silently ringing and it was Tesla. I immediately thought to myself that the only possible reason Tesla would be ringing me would be to cancel my appointment to pick up the car tomorrow because something had gone wrong.... and so there I was copping a beating and then privately experiencing my own personal private dread on top of it! So anyway, after about another hour when the Court finally adjourned, I listed to my message bank and it was my DS simply putting the appointment back a mere 2 hours! I tell you it was the best news I had heard all day, and it really brightened up my day again!

So naturally I couldn't sleep a wink all night. I have a few errands to run all day and can't wait to get the car this arvo. Family is so excited we are taking the car down to Wollongong tomorrow!

Finally I am really starting to feel one of the Tesla Family instead of just a flatmate of a distant cousin's friend! :)

DSC_0214_small.jpg

This is what greeted me a couple of days ago. Absolutely delighted so far with everything about the car (aside from Rdio Mhh which I agree is poor!).

The strangest thing is the silence. It surprised me that i must have used the engine note in my ICE cars as a cue to manage speed, ie i had an idea from how the car sounded that I was doing 60 or 40 or whatever. Now with no noise at all i'm finding that I'm always speeding! At least that's my excuse for now!!!

Enjoy your cars guys, when you get them the wait will be a distant memory (mine was a little over 12 months which was excruciating at the time but now seems to have flown by!!!)

Cheers

View attachment 92152
This is what greeted me a couple of days ago. Absolutely delighted so far with everything about the car (aside from Rdio Mhh which I agree is poor!).

The strangest thing is the silence. It surprised me that i must have used the engine note in my ICE cars as a cue to manage speed, ie i had an idea from how the car sounded that I was doing 60 or 40 or whatever. Now with no noise at all i'm finding that I'm always speeding! At least that's my excuse for now!!!

Enjoy your cars guys, when you get them the wait will be a distant memory (mine was a little over 12 months which was excruciating at the time but now seems to have flown by!!!)

Cheers
yeah, the 4 year wait I had was REALLY bad, but is a distant memory now though. Must say, I,would never do that again!! I am a naturally very impatient person, frankly, I don't know how I Survived! I do think the forums went a long way to helping.

Then there's something else wrong with that. From what I can recall, you mentioned that the accelerator pedal assy was replaced, maybe its more than that... Hope they have contacted you already.

I contacted them within seconds of the car faulting. We got the car off the road and after 10 minutes or so, I tried it again and it was fine.

The car will go back to Melbourne - something clearly isn't right. It's obviously an intermittent fault - the kind that is very hard to find.