Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The D thread Australia & New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure they'll try as hard as they can to put all our cars on the same boat. They need to deliver them by the end of September for their Q3 result after all.

Actually I think you are dead right Cynix. And looked at from that perspective, there are still quite a few weeks to go before the absolute deadline that the ship must leave to make their deliveries by the end of the quarter.

"They make them all too few

I'm still in the production queue

And when at last the boat'll depart

On mine no doubt they'll make a start"

... Ode to a mid-September dream

Yeah, I too am jealous, unfortunately for me, mine is due November, 'twas was late October, but unfortunately it slipped two weeks. Still excited, albeit 119 days to wait (not that I am counting) until November 1.

I am hoping it comes prior to Melbourne Cup "long-weekend" for a four-day road trip :)

I can't wait!!!!!!

TasMC must surely be close to being in production going by the recent ones who had order confirmed and had VIN allocated around the same time?
Hanging out, have to share others excitement to keep sane!!

No such luck for me yet Brewster - but I am checking every day - which is a euphemism for I'm checking every minute... I think the July 4 holidays got in the way of things.... Factory workers are probably still hung over ;-)

No such luck for me yet Brewster - but I am checking every day - which is a euphemism for I'm checking every minute... I think the July 4 holidays got in the way of things.... Factory workers are probably still hung over ;-)
I think I have another 60 days until mine's in production going by "mhh", "TAFKALF" and "Blue Heaven" and their 90-100 day in-between VIN and Production.

Are you privy to some info re- filling in the production line for RHD?

It appears that most vehicles that require a long time to transport are built early-mid quarter so the car is built and sold to the customer in the same quarter as much as possible, secondly due to the delay in the RHD D for whatever reasons there is now a backlog of early VINs that are okay to be built, so basically even though only about 1100 cars a week that can be built and there is a 10000+ difference in Australian VINs all of the LHDs mixed in between are built ( maybe over 80% are RHD?) Thats my way of seeing it, but of course we are talking about Tesla here so anythings possible:smile:

- - - Updated - - -

I meant to say maybe over 80% are LHD.

Oh yes, "The Tesla Factory is building your Model S"!!!
Congratulations!!! That's such a cool quote to see. Now the real wait begins- but I'm still with ztrekus: waiting for the waiting to begin :)
Actually, a friendly email from my DS (just saying hi, really) made me happy, even though it changes nothing!?!?!
Looking forward to the P85D, but frankly, if they don't hurry up, I might end up buying a C63S...

Congratulations!!! That's such a cool quote to see. Now the real wait begins- but I'm still with ztrekus: waiting for the waiting to begin :)
Actually, a friendly email from my DS (just saying hi, really) made me happy, even though it changes nothing!?!?!
Looking forward to the P85D, but frankly, if they don't hurry up, I might end up buying a C63S...
Now, now!! You don't REALLY. want to do that!! Waiting is standard Tesla fare, as are delays etc. I waited 4 years. A month here or there in the grand scheme is nothing! Been away for 3 weeks and drove my car again today. Just such a rush, and I DONT drive spirited. Just the smooth quiet delivery of power is just so sophisticated it is enough!!

I have just driven the p85d in the U.S. and I can assure you it's worth the wait. I had three kids in the back who had all just been to Disneyland and they claim the the tesla was the best ride of the holiday.