Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The D thread Australia & New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 24 hour number in the glovebox was answered by a recording saying the office is closed. Fortunately Nathan got me another number and the tech there is working on it. I got an update notification today saying that a 100minute update would happen around midnight. The tech suggested bringing on the update now - which I've done. Hopefully it's related to that. The no-dealer model has never appealed to me but I didn't think I'd feel its shortcomings quite so soon!

The scroll wheel reset didn't affect the warnings which are below the speedo.

Also reboot the instrument cluster. Press and hold the two top steering wheel buttons for about 20 or more seconds, until the dash screen reboots. Take much longer than the centre screen reboot.
But maybe not until your update completes.

- - - Updated - - -

If it's any consolation, when my mazda rx8 (first in sa) broke down out in the country, the help was not forthcoming from the mazda dealership. When my new bmw x3 failed, it spent 2 months at the dealership, and to this day they refused to tell me the cause. I suspect tesla will work hard to have you fixed asap.

Things aren't good. I'm at home sitting in the car but it won't go. It says Car needs Service - power reduced. When I try to put it in gear, it says Pull over Safely. Restart Car to Drive. Restarting isn't helping. Ideas?

I am no expert, but it sounds to me that the car is detecting a flat 12v lead acid battery.... Which is no big deal really... All that hanging around in the factory and then on ship.... Just my guess, but they will change it and you will be right as rain...

p109 of the instructions..
"Note: When the low-power consumption mode is active, the auxiliary 12V battery is no longer being charged and can completely discharge within 12 hours. In the unlikely event that this occurs, you may need to jump start or replace the 12V battery before you can charge. In this situation, contact Tesla. "

Last edited:
Ranger is in the air now and will be at my place shortly. Very responsive service from the team in Melbourne.
WOW!! How good is that. Hopefully the ranger can get it working again for you during the visit.
I'm actually thrilled to hear they have responded so strongly, it's what they promised me when I purchased, and you never know if it's really going to happen.