Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The day finally arrives. You get your Model 3! Then what?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People speak of the smooth, quiet power of EV's.

Maybe, but I will miss the sound of my '11 Challenger R/T's 5.7 Hemi exhausting through Flowmaster Super 44's as I am doing (another) 20-100 mph speed run on an open highway!

I don't think it's going to be too different from when I bought my Prius, except that the drive back will take a few hours since I'll probably have to pick it up in Cleveland and I live in Michigan. It'll probably take about half the drive to get everything adjusted the way I like. I have a friend who has offered to do a ceramic coat for me -- I'll probably take him up on it since this will hands-down be the most expensive car I've ever owned, so I'll probably still be driving the Prius for a few days until I can sell it.

Otherwise, the main thing will be to get in the habit of plugging it in every night. I'm pretty bad about doing that with my cell phone since I can completely charge it in the car on my commute; I'm trying to build the "plug-in" habit with my cell phone now so it will hopefully be second nature when the car comes. If I don't plug the car in, I definitely won't have enough range for my commute.

After that, I will be going from A to B as I always do, just a bit greener and with lower operating costs.

I got a Volt as training wheels for my M3. You get out of the car and plug in. You unplug and get in the car and drive away. You go to gas stations for lottery tickets.

When I actually had to put gas in the Volt for a road trip, I kinda did a double-take at all my fellow drivers... filling up, spilling some drops... hadn't been to a gas station for a while. The smells surprised me (and I've had sports/GT cars all my life, lol).

Reactions: shrspeedblade
I'll start looking for an aftermarket exhaust system. Oh wait.... never mind.

Amateur... You should be looking at an aftermarket electronic turbo to compliment the electronic motor(s). :p

61n8MD4JCPL._SL1002_.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: EValuatED
I've noticed this in my thoughts, and I'm sure others have too.

You get the delivery date for your 3. The culmination of a year and a half of waiting is almost here! Then the day comes, and you go to pick it up, and drive it home.

Then what?

I started thinking about this the other day. It'll seem almost anticlimactic. I have an awesome '11 Challenger R/T, and I don't want to pay 2 car payments, so it'll have to get sold soon after I get my 3. I'll miss it.

I'm sure things will be fine, but getting the 3 will not be the end all be all of human existence. Life won't change that dramatically.

I'll just have to wait and see how it goes.
Then what? Ear to Ear smiling for months on end. Not enough time in the day continue typing in this forum...unless I can "autopilot" my responses.

Then what? Ear to Ear smiling for months on end. Not enough time in the day continue typing in this forum...unless I can "autopilot" my responses.

Depends on when you get it.....

I imagine all the West Coast current owners will (hopefully) be posting videos to hold the rest of us over. But yea, by the time I get mine, I won't be the first.....so no need to post videos.