Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The day of reckoning (The DELIVERY)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After around three weeks the phone call came for me to pick up my Model Y Performance. I was stressed about going there. Why? Because I ordered my car before I started reading the forums. I had convinced myself that my car was going to have panel gaps, roaring from the rear, interior pieces not fitting, and paint flaws. I was expecting the absolute worst. I almost canceled twice before even going to look at it.

But then, once I got there, I found out it was even worse than I expected.

Okay, that's not true. I was just trying out one of those plot twist things. Anyhow, the car came in just like I hoped it would. I would like to tell you that it was a joyous experience, but I mostly just felt relief. Even driving home I was sensitive to listening to it for any, as Kellogs might say, snap crackle, pops. But again, it was perfect.

The speed was everything I hoped it would be. I love the one pedal driving. The seat is incredibly soft. The ride was firm, but that's okay. I know it isn't a luxury car.

The mileage disappointed me somewhat. it looks like I am going to have to charge it to 90% to meet my needs and I'm a little fearful that might be hard on the battery. But other than that, I am very pleased with the car.

Anyhow have any good recommendations on what app would work best with the apple watch? I would love get my watch to work alongside my phone with it.

Tesla_Model_Y_Shishi_02_2022-09-04.jpg

"Tesla Model Y Shishi 02 2022-09-04" by JamesYoung8167 is licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0.
Admin note: Image added for Blog Feed thumbnail

After around three weeks the phone call came for me to pick up my Model Y Performance. I was stressed about going there. Why? Because I ordered my car before I started reading the forums. I had convinced myself that my car was going to have panel gaps, roaring from the rear, interior pieces not fitting, and paint flaws. I was expecting the absolute worst. I almost canceled twice before even going to look at it.

Okay, that's not true. I was just trying out one of those plot twist things. Anyhow, the car came in just like I hoped it would. I would like to tell you that it was a joyous experience, but I mostly just felt relief. Even driving home I was sensitive to listening to it for any, as Kellogs might say, snap crackle, pops. But again, it was perfect.

The speed was everything I hoped it would be. I love the one pedal driving. The seat is incredibly soft. The ride was firm, but that's okay. I know it isn't a luxury car.

The mileage disappointed me somewhat. it looks like I am going to have to charge it to 90% to meet my needs and I'm a little fearful that might be hard on the battery. But other than that, I am very pleased with the car.

Anyhow have any good recommendations on what app would work best with the apple watch? I would love get my watch to work alongside my phone with it.
Have a look through this thread about the watch: Apple Watch
I think the app most use is called "Watch app for Tesla"

Congrats! While there are Absolutely valuable and helpful contributors on this forum my first suggestion to Anyone considering a Tesla or any EV is to stay as far away from the forums as possible. While there Are issues with any car made, viewing this forum you would think these cars are hell on earth while the majority would argue otherwise. Far from perfect but also far from what some on the forum groan on about over and over.
as for the iWatch, never found one that was consistently good. Opted to get one of those rings as a “just in case” item granted in two years never used it either. FYI, mileage Will be off until you get the rocket foot of joy cleared from your new experience. Enjoy your new ride.

Yeah listening to all the “reviews” about panel gaps, interior materials and quality, ride quality, etc you would think Tesla’s are complete jalopies. I believe most peoples experience (mine included) is similar to yours, turns out the cars are actually pretty nice.
I think the large majority are....here is a recent delivery experience from OutofSpec with a full walk around from a detailer:

Also a MYP he detailed and inspected a little while back:

Colton has a number of new vehicle inspections on the OutofSpecDetailing channel and if you watch them you will realize Tesla is no worse (and actually often better) than the huge legacy automakers....if you want to see complete crap look at the inspection of the Lucid Air and Rivians...LOL

View attachment 908249
"Tesla Model Y Shishi 02 2022-09-04" by JamesYoung8167 is licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0.
Wait, is that the blue color? Why does it looks so different than the one on website? I mean, this looks much darker than the one of the website
It also looks better to me in real life 😅

View attachment 908249
Congratulations! It looks so good! Thank you for driving an EV and I wish you a lot of fun and success with it :cool:

Yeah listening to all the “reviews” about panel gaps, interior materials and quality, ride quality, etc you would think Tesla’s are complete jalopies. I believe most peoples experience (mine included) is similar to yours, turns out the cars are actually pretty nice.
The viral "inferior quality" and "check lists that are pages long" are mostly from YouTubers looking for "views" for their own profit. Tesla has come a super long way in quality - just go walk the lot of a Tesla dealership - you'll be pleasantly surprised how good they mass model 3 and Y are built.

Hey! Congratulations, I just picked up my MYLR and I was in the same boat as you after reading everything in the forums and Facebook. I was pleasantly surprised at how well built my car is, my only complaint would be the chair is not as comfortable as I expected getting upper back, shoulder and neck pain but that may be due to 21 years in the military more than the Tesla.

Reactions: HarryChimp

View attachment 908249
Congratulations! :)

View attachment 908249
internet forums are a great place to exchange information and suggestions.
they are also a great place for people to find company for their misery, and exaggerate to get attention.
YMMV

View attachment 908249
I bought my Model 3 in March 2020. I too read up on the car and the problems people were having. So, In a nice way, I told my advisor that I am picky and that who ever selects my car could they please select one without flaws or I would reject it. I was a very happy customer after inspecting the car. Plus, they delivered the car to my house (early pandemic days) which is just a couple of miles from the dealership. I really had a great experience buying the car.

I just want to add that when I decided to buy the car, I knew Tesla was a new car company, an accomplishment in itself, and that my expectations should be tempered. Lot's of growing pains back then, now and still to come. They are not Mercedes or Toyota with almost a century of experience. Plus, they are reinventing the automobile industry for the better!

Reactions: Wordslayer
1676670065274.png

View attachment 908249
I was torn between the blue and metallic silver. I’ve had mine for three weeks and enjoyed the experience so far.

Hey! Congratulations, I just picked up my MYLR and I was in the same boat as you after reading everything in the forums and Facebook. I was pleasantly surprised at how well built my car is, my only complaint would be the chair is not as comfortable as I expected getting upper back, shoulder and neck pain but that may be due to 21 years in the military more than the Tesla.
I bought some neck rest pillows on Amazon. That worked for me.

View attachment 908249
If you charge up to 90% everyday, use the depart by feature so that the car finishes charging up close to your planned departure time. This helps ensure the battery cells are not staying at 90% for long.

If you want to try to avoid charging up to 90% every day, you can get more range if you:
1) Cruise at slower speeds if on highway.
2) Put car in chill mode.
3) Change the 21" wheels to 19" or even 18". Swap to 21" when you know you'll be wanting to drive some twisty roads a wee bit more aggressively than usual.
4) Use the depart by feature to ensure your car finishes charging close to departure so your battery is already nice and warm. This helps out a lot in the colder seasons.
5) Ensure your tire PSI is correct. Check often especially when winter comes as PSI in tires drop when temps lower.