Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The day of reckoning (The DELIVERY)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After around three weeks the phone call came for me to pick up my Model Y Performance. I was stressed about going there. Why? Because I ordered my car before I started reading the forums. I had convinced myself that my car was going to have panel gaps, roaring from the rear, interior pieces not fitting, and paint flaws. I was expecting the absolute worst. I almost canceled twice before even going to look at it.

But then, once I got there, I found out it was even worse than I expected.

Okay, that's not true. I was just trying out one of those plot twist things. Anyhow, the car came in just like I hoped it would. I would like to tell you that it was a joyous experience, but I mostly just felt relief. Even driving home I was sensitive to listening to it for any, as Kellogs might say, snap crackle, pops. But again, it was perfect.

The speed was everything I hoped it would be. I love the one pedal driving. The seat is incredibly soft. The ride was firm, but that's okay. I know it isn't a luxury car.

The mileage disappointed me somewhat. it looks like I am going to have to charge it to 90% to meet my needs and I'm a little fearful that might be hard on the battery. But other than that, I am very pleased with the car.

Anyhow have any good recommendations on what app would work best with the apple watch? I would love get my watch to work alongside my phone with it.

Tesla_Model_Y_Shishi_02_2022-09-04.jpg

"Tesla Model Y Shishi 02 2022-09-04" by JamesYoung8167 is licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0.
Admin note: Image added for Blog Feed thumbnail

I took delivery on my MYLR ten days ago. Tesla had the car set to charge to 90%, so I guess it's okay. I decided that since I have a wall connector in my garage and can charge at will, I'd set it to 80%.

My car was also pretty decently constructed. I did have a bit of a gap issue with how they lined up the trunk liftgate on the right side. Also the passenger wiper does not spray and it's dumping a bunch of washer fluid on the ground. I'm driving it another week to make sure there is nothing else before taking it in. I may not even mention the trunk alignment but the wiper does need fixing.
Left
A5-FF9-C6-B-047-B-4-CC6-A549-ED51853-ED555.jpg

Right
3-EB1-D2-DE-77-E2-488-F-AE83-08-FC9-E351-B35.jpg

I took delivery on my MYLR ten days ago. Tesla had the car set to charge to 90%, so I guess it's okay. I decided that since I have a wall connector in my garage and can charge at will, I'd set it to 80%.

My car was also pretty decently constructed. I did have a bit of a gap issue with how they lined up the trunk liftgate on the right side. Also the passenger wiper does not spray and it's dumping a bunch of washer fluid on the ground. I'm driving it another week to make sure there is nothing else before taking it in. I may not even mention the trunk alignment but the wiper does need fixing.
Left

Right
My early 2022 model y was similar but liftgate made thrashing sounds over bumps. Tesla realigned liftgate but had to send car to body shop since they lacked proper equipment for liftgate adjustments. Body shop also corrected 4 or 5 other panel gaps. Everything came back perfect.

Left

Right
The hose likely popped off feeding the wiper in the frunk. Many posts on how to address it and not more then a 10 minute fix if you wanted to address it yourself vs taking it in for a service.

I looked at it briefly. The main hose splits to the two wipers via a Y fitting and one wiper is spraying fluid fine. I think the other spray nozzle might be blocked or something.
If it was only blocked I don’t think it would be leaking on the ground. Still think the one line is off or not on. Have someone activate the sprayer while you watch the lines.