Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Detroit Bureau Model S article

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He did respond to my e-mail. Once again has tons or errors and refuses to correct his old article.
Tesla to Take on BMW M5 with Model S | TheDetroitBureau.com

My comment is awaiting moderation but I sent a much longer e-mail to him:

A few points:
1) the Better Place model is not a priorty for Tesla. They are looking for DC charging as a much cheaper way to accomplish the same goal.
2) The 300 mile pack can be charged in as little as 45 minutes (not 4 hours) with the DC charger (95 kW) according to Tesla’s website and their engineers who were at the event.
3) The Model S does not have a 4 to 7 kW charger. It has one, maybe two 10 kW onboard chargers allowing up to 240V 80A for charging.
4) Tesla says the Model S will start at $49,900 (after the $7,500 federal tax credit)

Last edited:
His new article is pretty vacant of detail in general. Better than the last one in terms of less misinformation, but he clearly just doesn't care about Tesla or EVs. Might be better to avoid poking the bear and prompting him to put up something worse.

The size of the battery comes as a surprise and reflects significant recent efforts – including new aerodynamic wheels – to improve the efficiency of the Model S. Based on comments made by senior engineers earlier in the year, achieving a 300-mile range would’ve required a battery in excess of 100 kWh.

Only to you mate. What a douche.