Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The dreaded "BMS_s172 Vehicle may not start alert" and a positive service experience (Raleigh NC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read so many negative service experience posts that I thought I would infuse a little positivity.
Seems this error message (while obviously very alarming) most of the time relates to an issue with the 12v battery or the coolant heater. My car ended up needing the latter replaced under warranty. Roadside assistance picked up the car in about a half hour from my home and I had the car back 2 days later with all communication via the app. Service center was very responsive to my messages via app, including when the car was coming to them and moving up the appointment I made a few days to coincide. Picked up the car using an Uber credit, again totally touchless and without requiring human interaction. The way of the future.

Service Center and South Carolina have the same initials. Raleigh is the capital of North Carolina

Looks like the next closest one is in Tennessee.