Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The "Dreamcar"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am lost in the sense of perspective sometimes, a co-worker saw that I had parked my Roadster in the company garage. I noticed he drove a Nissan Leaf which as always, gives me a big smile of another EV owner in the world. We then walked into work and he said, ohh, that's your car? Is that a Lotus? I said no, its a Tesla Roadster. He then said, WoW, that's my dreamcar.

Yes he was a little confused in a dimly lit garage, but it put me back in my place, to appreciate and to know I'm quite fortunate to own such a fabulous piece of automotive technology and beauty. Some days I forget how fortunate I am to have the means to purchase such a vehicle that is a pure reflection of my EV passion and the love of the engineers who pulled and made this come together. Thank you to all of them. Not only that, those who were early adopters (I'm a second hand owner) who ordered and purchased these cars first hand and supported Tesla through thick and thin. Without you there would be no security of an EV revolution, no Model-S, and no support at all for the Roadster. I truly thank you to allow me to continue to drive and maintain this amazing vehicle.

So I just want to say, never forget what we're driving, its quite a special piece of history that many as well as myself label it as a "Dream Car".

Last edited:
I am lost in the sense of perspective sometimes, a co-worker saw that I had parked my Roadster in the company garage. I noticed he drove a Nissan Leaf which as always, gives me a big smile of another EV owner in the world. We then walked into work and he said, ohh, that's your car? Is that a Lotus? I said no, its a Tesla Roadster. He then said, WoW, that's my dreamcar.

Yes he was a little confused in a dimly lit garage, but it put me back in my place, to appreciate and to know I'm quite fortunate to own such a fabulous piece of automotive technology and beauty. Some days I forget how fortunate I am to have the means to purchase such a vehicle that is a pure reflection of my EV passion and the love of the engineers who pulled and made this come together. Thank you to all of them. Not only that, those who were early adopters (I'm a second hand owner) who ordered and purchased these cars first hand and supported Tesla through thick and thin. Without you there would be no security of an EV revolution, no Model-S, and no support at all for the Roadster. I truly thank you to allow me to continue to drive and maintain this amazing vehicle.

So I just want to say, never forget what we're driving, its quite a special piece of history that many as well as myself label it as a "Dream Car".

Well said!

I was on the freeway this past week, mindlessly driving in to work, and a very new tricked-out Corvette passed me on the left. All I could see was the passenger waving a strong "Thumbs Up" in the window. I waved and smiled, and remembered I was driving #843 of 2,500. Quite an honor.