TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

The drivable "mule" (modified Elise)

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by TEG, Aug 12, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Roadster

Roadster JdeMO Powered

#21 Roadster, Nov 2, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    • Informative x 1
  2. slcasner

slcasner Active Member

That looks like the motor made by AC Propulsion as part of their AC 150 Drive System. The PEM box certainly looks like it.

What caught my eye was the inductive charger for the EV1 in the background. I have one of those, currently on loan to the Petersen Automotive Museum for a display.

3. Roadster

Roadster JdeMO Powered

Adding a few more higher res photos as well as the txt from the Craigslist ad here so we have this piece of history memorialized.

TRADE the first Tesla for a new Tesla Model S - $100000 (mountain view)

FOR SALE OR TRADE - 2002 Lotus Elise AKA Tesla Mule 1. OR TRADE. The very first Tesla. The very Lotus Elise chassis that Tesla bought from Lotus to build and test their battery for the Tesla Roadster. This Elise is also one of the first spec Elise's Lotus brought to the US to show off to prospective buyers.

I am a single mom with a nonprofit and want to trade this car for a new Tesla Model S.

This is not a running car with a registerable title, it is solely a collector's item or rather an investment. It is the first Tesla. It goes without saying that this piece is already and will continue to be priceless.

This chassis is for sale and a local nonprofit gets to benefit from it. With the sale of this piece, Husky Halfway House Foundation, a husky rescue in Eufaula, OK, gets to build a community dog park and low cost vet clinic and the buyer gets a tax deduction. Please contact me for more information on the piece and to negotiate a deal. The deal will can include a tax deduction, a business deal or investment or be a straight sale. The sky is the limit. I have a goal though and I wont sell this cheap so please don't respond with offers of less than 100, the current offer on the table. 1.5 million animals die in shelters in the USA every year. I need enough to help put an end to this. I am not trying to get rich.. 1/3 of the sale of this piece is a cash donation with a tax deduction and the rest goes to build the facilities that will house the nonprofit activities. Please share this post with anyone you think may be interested in this rare piece of history and the impact it can make on a local community.

00E0E_6mupOxyTKgW_1200x900.jpg 00c0c_7wKFepl2Oey_1200x900.jpg 00909_gqlcLcgd5M6_1200x900.jpg 01313_4uZuCNQFpm9_1200x900.jpg 00o0o_lcWe1gfidb6_1200x900.jpg 01616_bI2G9EGYpeH_1200x900.jpg 00606_3B63LyItrI5_1200x900.jpg 00j0j_a2wtp4FyAIH_1200x900.jpg 00d0d_eETcmkBkMkm_1200x900.jpg

4. MayorMcCheese

MayorMcCheese Member

I have the car. Thanks to Jen and Rob for being so helpful regarding information on this car, and again to Rob for delivering it. I don't intend to race it; just to restore it.

I am now working to recover as many of the original parts as possible. I understand that JB may have some of these, perhaps others from that era may have them or know of them. I don't seek to diminish the value of this car by fitting anything into it that would not have been available in 2004, except, perhaps, more modern lithium cells.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1