Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Elon Musk Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something called fairness in business and society, I think Britain is famous for atleast talking about this fairness a lot from NHS to other social car e programs and how we despise the American health care model.

In business fairness to an extent (not restricted to) involves most of us paying the same price for the same product rather than some shady middle man getting a percentage for minority of clients just because they can cut an unfair deal. I don’t think that is acceptable in any walk of life.
So if I manage to negotiate a lower price on some commodity or service I’m getting an unfair deal? Bartering is as old as civilisation itself and Musk/Tesla are not going to change that, except in their own unrealistic world.

You carry on paying top whack for everything. I’m more than happy to negotiate a better deal.

Bartering is as old as civilisation itself and Musk/Tesla are not going to change that, except in their own unrealistic world.

You carry on paying top whack for everything. I’m more than happy to negotiate a better deal.
Didn’t you see the recent October figures - Model Y is the best selling vehicle in Europe. Tesla embarrassed the competition both EVs and ICE makers. Elon’s disruptive model had changed the car industry for the last 10 years. Unless you were hiding under the rock, it is obvious to everyone. I am sure you bought the Tesla without having to go through the shady world of car dealers!

Reactions: UkNorthampton
Sales figures for a few months are irrelevant. It’s a 5 year trend I’m interested in. Will Tesla still be market leaders in 5 years? I doubt it.

I bought my Tesla on the basis of a lie. I was promised autosteer on city streets by the end of 2019. Three years later and it’s still nowhere near. FSD is an impossible dream in this country, despite all the promises by Musk the Messiah.

However, it’s impossible to argue with a fanboy.

Didn’t you see the recent October figures - Model Y is the best selling vehicle in Europe. Tesla embarrassed the competition both EVs and ICE makers. Elon’s disruptive model had changed the car industry for the last 10 years. Unless you were hiding under the rock, it is obvious to everyone. I am sure you bought the Tesla without having to go through the shady world of car dealers!
Really? Ten years ago very few people had heard of Tesla, and they certainly didn’t disrupt anything I was doing.

Must a businessman be so heartless?

Instead of tweeting some comforting words to the husband of the Speaker of the House, US Representative Pelosi, the owner of Twitter promoted to the whole world the victim blaming link: "The Awful Truth: Paul Pelosi Was Drunk Again, And In a Dispute With a Male Prostitute Early Friday Morning."

Last edited:
Reactions: dm33
Yes. I knocked 12k and 10k respectively on two BMWs and 4k on an Audi before that.

Well I'm happy for you and those are certainly impressive "discounts", but to me it means the vehicles were overpriced to begin with and you got them reduced to a more appropriate price, however you'll never know if you could have got another thou or two lower than what you paid for them, AND you had to work for what you did get. It's an old trick really; overprice something, then let the customer haggle down somewhere near to a realistic price and they think they got a great deal. I do it all the time when I sell stuff on craigslist.

Like I said earlier, I'd rather something had a set price and I could reflect on that price and decide whether the item was worth it or not. If it wasn't, then I'd go and buy something else instead

We don’t always agree, but I thought better of you touting this type of rubbish. Tesla “sell” most of its quarters production in one month, just take a look at Julys figure , Tesla sold something like 6 cars, just 6, that month.

Look at YTD figures and I don’t think tesla have a car in the top 10, and Tesla have just 2 models for sale in Europe, the competition often have 10 or more.

Well I'm happy for you and those are certainly impressive "discounts", but to me it means the vehicles were overpriced to begin with and you got them reduced to a more appropriate price, however you'll never know if you could have got another thou or two lower than what you paid for them, AND you had to work for what you did get. It's an old trick really; overprice something, then let the customer haggle down somewhere near to a realistic price and they think they got a great deal. I do it all the time when I sell stuff on craigslist.

Like I said earlier, I'd rather something had a set price and I could reflect on that price and decide whether the item was worth it or not. If it wasn't, then I'd go and buy something else instead

The “they must be overpriced to begin with” argument is a straw man, no one has a bigger margin on their cars as Tesla.

Other manufacturers’ margins are paper thin in comparison.

Like I said, if you’re no good at negotiating or can’t be bothered to get the best price then that’s on you.

Tesco price:
Full price: £10
Tesco club card: £8
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
But if that feel better... Good for you!
🙈
Have you had one too many?

• Disagree
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Status
Not open for further replies.