Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The elusive thin-walled 13mm socket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. Did some searches and found this 1/4" socket that has an OD 17.1 which should fit based on the measurement done in post #21. Link on Amazon showing the OD, sizes.

Or you can buy directly from company and it's free shipping within USA. Only $12

I have not used this but looking to buy one as well.

I ground down the 13mm socket from my truck's toolbag (Toyota doesn't use 13mm fasteners) on my bench grinder and it was good enough to do my shock install, but I later developed some front end clunking and went back to re-tighten and broke the socket. Ordering the Redwood socket now :cool:

Anybody know the torque spec for the 3 13mm nuts? How about for the top nut on the shock? I've found in order to keep the shock shaft from turning, I had to wrap my vice grip in electrical tape and hold it through the spring.

Just finished my MPP Sport Coilovers install on a M3P. Confirmed that the 13mm socket linked above ($12 shipped) works without issues. Was able to uninstall/reinstall.

MicrosoftTeams-image (6).jpg

Reactions: BadassBob
Hi everyone. Did some searches and found this 1/4" socket that has an OD 17.1 which should fit based on the measurement done in post #21. Link on Amazon showing the OD, sizes.

Or you can buy directly from company and it's free shipping within USA. Only $12

I have not used this but looking to buy one as well.
Marked for future reference. Thanks for the link!

Reactions: reds2k1