Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The end of third party Tesla iOS apps is nigh!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we're seeing two issues conflated here and a third now creeping in!

To deal with the third first: Model X has much longer range (and higher homologated towing capacity) if on 20" wheels than on 22" as well as the other mentioned range-affecting factors.

The two original issues are the removal of apps from the Apple Store and other third party apps. Remember that the API was deduced by some really bright and competent Model S owners. It's very hard for Tesla to stop web based apps as there is no one to whom they can complain, unless they sue the program author. Programs like TeslaFi should continue to work.

The App Store is a specific case, where Tesla can and have complained to Apple. It's the latter who have crumbled and agreed to remove iPhone/iPad apps from sale.

Like others, I would really miss Remote S.

The App Store is a specific case, where Tesla can and have complained to Apple. It's the latter who have crumbled and agreed to remove iPhone/iPad apps from sale.

Like others, I would really miss Remote S.

I don't think there's any evidence of Tesla complaining to Apple. Indeed, the Remote S developer has stated (or so I gleaned from reading his thread on the forums on the Tesla Web site) that although he doesn't have any direct evidence either, he feels to the contrary, that no complaint has been made. (See the link in post #12 on this thread.)

If you already have Remote S on your devices, it's not going to disappear.

Bruce.