Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Estate Mgmt rejected my application to install a charger on my parking space

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Managed by Kai Shing Property Management

They said they've no idea on how to manage for more charger request in future.

EMSD seems no help.

Any idea if I can go for legal action to protect my right?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Typical Hong Kong nowadays... Less works Less Risks Less Responsibilities!

This is something I've been working on for some time, with little success.

Legally, you would have to check the terms for your car park, most likely in the DMC. See if you have any easement for the right to install utilities. The ones I've checked, so far, don't.

The government doesn't seem willing to tackle this hard issue. They have done something for new construction (charging facilities must be provided), but for existing buildings they do nothing.

Pressure wise, bad publicity is the only thing I can think of. Try to paint the management company in a bad light, for opposing and blocking environmentally friendly vehicles. All you need is a common 13A socket - 32A would be nice, but 13A is acceptable for overnight charging.

Thanks markwj.

I'll check DMC.

Funny thing is that they offer a BIG favor by installing a charger in public area next June! A. There hardly any visitors happen to drive an EV (we're not public estate with shopping mall, only residents and friend visitors). B. Should i park in public area get charged and drive back to my own spot in the middle of the night??

Ridiculous!! Hello!!! where're their brains???

I spoke to Estate Management and the Chairman of Owner Association.

Apparently that was some owners who think Tesla is like BYD which may cause fire etc so voted down.

I'll work with EMSD and EVPower for a new presentation and present that myself in next meeting

I spoke to Estate Management and the Chairman of Owner Association.

Apparently that was some owners who think Tesla is like BYD which may cause fire etc so voted down.

I'll work with EMSD and EVPower for a new presentation and present that myself in next meeting

I still facing problem from Estate management even the Owner Association support to install electric socket for EV. The estate Management say that they are investigating how to make it work! I said all I need is a simple 13A socket. What make it so difficult to built?

- - - Updated - - -

I was planning to charge my car during office hour in the public car park in Kwun Tong. However, it looks like the slow 13A charger there with 8 hours charging just enough for me to go back and from work. If one day the charging station is occupied by another EV, I will be in trouble.

I still facing problem from Estate management even the Owner Association support to install electric socket for EV. The estate Management say that they are investigating how to make it work! I said all I need is a simple 13A socket. What make it so difficult to built?

- - - Updated - - -

I was planning to charge my car during office hour in the public car park in Kwun Tong. However, it looks like the slow 13A charger there with 8 hours charging just enough for me to go back and from work. If one day the charging station is occupied by another EV, I will be in trouble.

Your estate management may face a problem of how to charge your electricity bill, due to the fact that by law they cannot "resell" electricity, so technically you have to have a separate meter in-front of the main estate meter, which cost more.

My solution is to install a commercial version charger which estate management can charge me with octopus. EV Power will have a software for them to work out the split with CLP, this can also resolve the on-going "maintenance fee of public area :rolleyes:" that your cable occupied (!).

Having said that, this solution may not suit your situation, just a reference for you :)

Your estate management may face a problem of how to charge your electricity bill, due to the fact that by law they cannot "resell" electricity, so technically you have to have a separate meter in-front of the main estate meter, which cost more.

My solution is to install a commercial version charger which estate management can charge me with octopus. EV Power will have a software for them to work out the split with CLP, this can also resolve the on-going "maintenance fee of public area :rolleyes:" that your cable occupied (!).

Having said that, this solution may not suit your situation, just a reference for you :)

Thank you for the information! I will check it out.

By the way, there is a good news for me today. The CHAdeMO adaptor that Tesla announce today seems a very good option for me.
I can use the Nissan Fast Charger in Science Park with the adaptor and charging for a hour or two and I am ready to go!

I got the same problem. That's why I hope tesla can install a super charger in hong kong no matter where it is located. I can charge for half an hour in the super charger every week then drive back home.

This is my hope too!

Having a super charger in a shopping mall would be great publicity. If I had control over a shopping mall, I would definitely try to get a supercharger in, so people can shop while charging their car at the same time.

But then, I am probably too biased for-EV ...

I was looking at a village house also, where I could park a Tesla close enough to it so I could run a cable between the house and the car. Ideally a top floor of a village house, fill the roof with solar panels and charge my own Tesla. Only then will I be free of fossils for driving.

Hi, I live in Japan and I decided to put HPWC at the work parking. Generally here in Tokyo office buildings are easier to deal with than HOA and/or estate management, as they have a lot of people who might not be willing to accept changes for EVs.
Maybe you could persude your emoployer and/or parking mgmt company to install J1772 or HPWC at your expense (or split cost), as only you will be using the charging facility...

BTW longer extention coards are dangerous.