Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Fed govt party room is about to get heated, about time.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Electric cars set as next shock for MPs

The original story is from the Australian and behind paywall, expect an ABC "press release" from the Coalition soon, in short Minister Frydenberg would like to discuss EV incentives, those against pull the out the tired and debunked Tesla v Corolla comparison that was not only written more than a year again but is incorrect anyway, importantly EVs are being discussed and those against are increasingly in the minority.

Reactions: Chuq
I really think it is better to look at city pollution rather than global warming. Mr Frydenberg hasn’t been to successfull at stopping coal so better to see if he can get support from the health minister on the costs from pollution related to burning petrol/diesel.

I really think it is better to look at city pollution rather than global warming. Mr Frydenberg hasn’t been to successfull at stopping coal so better to see if he can get support from the health minister on the costs from pollution related to burning petrol/diesel.

I absolutely 100% agree, sadly many Australians just don't get the problem of global warming, the excuse is "it doesn't exist", "we can't fix it anyway", "it's some other countries fault" and every other selfish excuse, air pollution in city and suburban areas caused by tailpipe emissions directly effects people who don't care about anyone but themselves, they sure do understand that.

Reactions: baillies and LGGD
It would be easy to start a public education scheme about how petrol is full of known carcinogens. I find it sad that people worry about radiation exposure from Mobile phones and even EV motors but ignore the fact that the act of fueling their car exposes them to such toxic materials. Recently watched this (
) and towards the end (~56m) is a question about toxicity of EV batteries and end of life recycling, no mention of the toxicity of one tank of petrol let alone the lifetime environmental damage. Reminds me of a colleague who repeated
Jerome Clarkson’s ‘EV batteries travel around the world before you buy and start using them’, my answer was each tank of petrol comes from the Middle East or at best Bass Straight, how many kg’s of petrol do you use per year? Some things don’t stand up to even a cursory consideration but it seems our politicians are incapable of educating for the good of the community.

Reactions: Shock-On-T