Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The "Federally compliant for incentive" Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is meant to exist only on paper to hit the base price for the rebate. The intention is that most/all would still buy the "upgrade" to unlock the range but they'll get the rebate. Tesla wouldn't make much money on this car if any since it's got the same battery but just locked.

I fear buyers might run the risk of the government changing the rules somehow to stop this though.

100% of the people buying this lowered range vehicle should opt for the sr+ option. This pricing was only done because the Canadian government was playing games to intentionally lock out Tesla.

So it's this, or no tax credit. Which you can do right now by buying the SR+ without the rebate.

Reactions: cusman
100% of the people buying this lowered range vehicle should opt for the sr+ option. This pricing was only done because the Canadian government was playing games to intentionally lock out Tesla.

So it's this, or no tax credit. Which you can do right now by buying the SR+ without the rebate.
Well, it still needs to be added to the approved list first, but this appears to fill the directives mandate to qualify for the rebate.

• Informative
Reactions: puzz1ed
Hi guys,
For those that have bought recently, if I include the $5k rebate after taxes, is this what I should expect for my bill of sale for a basic Standard Plus? The website really doesn't tell you all the additional provincial adders that are added to the bill of sale. I am in Ontario.

IModel 3 Standard Plus Rear Wheel Drive w/ Federal Rebate
MSRP $53,700.00
Air Tax $100.00
Destination & Doc fee $1,300.00
Enviro Fees (tires) $30.00
OMVIC Fee $10.00
Sub-Total before HST $55,140.00
HST on Sub-total $7,168.20
License Plate Fee (switch existing plates) $32.00
Sub-Total including HST & License Plate Fee $62,340.20
minus Federal Government Rebate - $5,000.00
Total $57,340.20

Well, it still needs to be added to the approved list first, but this appears to fill the directives mandate to qualify for the rebate.
Very true. AWD purchasers in Ontario got burned this way last year when Ontario pulled back the rebate. Car technically qualified but hadn't actually been put on the list yet at the time the program was cancelled.

So what does this mean for those of us that are waiting for delivery of our SR+?
Do we need to cancel our orders, place a new one, for this basic model, with the option for range, and do without color and seat upgrades, skip autopilot and FSD. Then pay the premiums for ordering the software options after delivery?

Hi guys,
For those that have bought recently, if I include the $5k rebate after taxes, is this what I should expect for my bill of sale for a basic Standard Plus? The website really doesn't tell you all the additional provincial adders that are added to the bill of sale. I am in Ontario.

IModel 3 Standard Plus Rear Wheel Drive w/ Federal Rebate
MSRP $53,700.00
Air Tax $100.00
Destination & Doc fee $1,300.00
Enviro Fees (tires) $30.00
OMVIC Fee $10.00
Sub-Total before HST $55,140.00
HST on Sub-total $7,168.20
License Plate Fee (switch existing plates) $32.00
Sub-Total including HST & License Plate Fee $62,340.20
minus Federal Government Rebate - $5,000.00
Total $57,340.20
The Federal rebate is a tax incentive, so it if I understand it correctly, you still pay the full amount without the rebate, then get that money rebates on your taxes next year.

So what does this mean for those of us that are waiting for delivery of our SR+?
Do we need to cancel our orders, place a new one, for this basic model, with the option for range, and do without color and seat upgrades, skip autopilot and FSD. Then pay the premiums for ordering the software options after delivery?
Conflicting reports. Some are saying you need to reorder, while others are saying since you haven’t bought the car yet, it should count towards the rebate.

The SR and SR+ both qualify for the incentive. I'd email Tesla to make sure you're existing order qualifies for the rebate due to the time of order.

I suspect it will since you haven't taken delivery but it's better to do your diligence.

Reactions: Vawlkus

Call / Email they should update your account with new pricing.

I'm waiting for my OTM Standard Range. Contacted my Customer Sales Experience dude, to see what he may be able to findout. While inconvenient saving 5K would be awesome if you can simply add the upgrades after delivery, assuming the car is the same.