Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The "Federally compliant for incentive" Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Come on guys, it’s very simple. The $44,999 version is only an artifice for getting around the bogus (IMO) rule.

NOONE should buy it as it is NOT upgradable and both the customer and Tesla will suffer if you do.

Be happy with the $5000 discount now available for the better model!

Cheers

I skipped from page 2 to page 7 of this thread, so pardon my ignorance, but are there still people this late in the discussion that don't understand this?

Going to Vancouver Store on West 4th see what the deal is with the cheaper version. I'm kind of still ok with it, and maybe I am taking a gamble a future upgrade will be unlocked say SR+. But why not do that anyway now, well I don't have full PR as yet so my loan will be 2/3 years (underwriters etc) and the cheaper version allows me into the car initially, albeit at a restricted spec. Still scratching head to decide for the best as the 3 is the car I'm happy to get into having owned an S for 2 years :)

• Disagree
Reactions: Muaddid
Going to Vancouver Store on West 4th see what the deal is with the cheaper version. I'm kind of still ok with it, and maybe I am taking a gamble a future upgrade will be unlocked say SR+. But why not do that anyway now, well I don't have full PR as yet so my loan will be 2/3 years (underwriters etc) and the cheaper version allows me into the car initially, albeit at a restricted spec. Still scratching head to decide for the best as the 3 is the car I'm happy to get into having owned an S for 2 years :)

Awesome good luck! Yeah that seams a heck of a good deal if you do Short commutes especially for you in Vancouver with better incentives and milder winter.

I currently drive a Volt which in the winter gets me about 65km and summer closer to 100km and spent less than $200 in gas for the year. I think a 150km range SR- could work for some people. Not sure I'd get one myself since I'd rather have some of the other upgrades like AP.

I currently drive a Volt which in the winter gets me about 65km and summer closer to 100km and spent less than $200 in gas for the year. I think a 150km range SR- could work for some people. Not sure I'd get one myself since I'd rather have some of the other upgrades like AP.
Yeah, but the volt has a gas backup that gets you another 500km if needed. That's a nice safety net to have. I owned a gen 1 and a gen 2 volt, and while I only used dino juice for around 3,000km out of 100,000 km combined for both cars, I definitely wouldn't have wanted to have only a small 150km battery.

It will be interesting to see a breakdown of how many SR- actually get sold in Canada vs SR+. I can't see it being a high number. Frankly I'm surprised so many in here seem to actually be considering it. I wouldn't touch the SR- at that price. Maybe if it were 25-30k after rebates (which will never happen) it would start to be a good value proposition.

To each their own....

I wish the site "A Better Route Planner" included the Canadou 93 mile range version. Pretty sure that some between supercharge spans will not be possible with 10%-100% of 93 miles. There are much less expensive options for strictly city EVs.

Reactions: duanra
I wish the site "A Better Route Planner" included the Canadou 93 mile range version. Pretty sure that some between supercharge spans will not be possible with 10%-100% of 93 miles. There are much less expensive options for strictly city EVs.

I'm sure that he will add support for it. You can always go over to their forums and request a feature: Feature Requests

Reactions: Threader
As others have said, the SR- at its lowly range only exists to allow the SR+ with 386 km of range to also be eligible which is better value I think.

If sales of the SR+ are strong, I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla keeps the SR- unavailable for the most part.

So I'm not sure it makes much sense to add it to "A Better Route Planner" but would be interesting to see it there and play with different routes. That in itself could become a sales tool for the SR+.

Reactions: Gen3

You don't need to wait for ABRP to add the SR-. You can simulate SR- range by selecting the SR+ in the options and then set your battery degradation level to 39% which would bring down the SR+ effective range down to 150KM's.

Has it been confirmed since last posts (by Tesla or someone who actually bought with since May 1st) if the 5000$ incentive is applied by Tesla, or if we have to fill a form ourselves and wait for the money ?

I ordered on Friday. I talked to Calgary and they said the 5k is taken off the price when you pay.

The details on my Tesla account show a cash payment of 55.2k is due (all fees and taxes minus 3.2k deposit, minus 5k incentive).

• Informative
Reactions: Michelx and malou