Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The first slammed Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my model s lowered since I got it because I think it makes it look way more aggressive and sleek. Well I decided I wanted too try and lower it even more and have the low setting for show or pictures only. Well to my surprise I was able to not only get it lower but I somehow managed to trick the computer and slam it. The pictures shown are with it in standard height and is even able to drive at this height surprisingly. Now I am nervous to put it to low cause I don't want to cause any damage as I was not expecting it to be this low. Part of me really wants to try but instead I am going to adjust them slightly and then try after. So I figured I will share this in case I am unable to get it this low again.
Don't expect me to tell you how I achieved this because I like to have a unique, rare , and one of a kind car and this just makes it even more so.
IMG_E7100.JPG
IMG_E7095.JPG
IMG_E7089.JPG
IMG_E7096.JPG

The think your secret’s safe as I’d hazard a guess that no one else here would dare go that low (car shows notwithstanding). :)
Wouldn’t adjustable links provide this “moar low” stance?
Great car, even though some will not like the red accents.

No adjustable links would trigger the computer system at such low ride heights. Very High is lower than low lol. I will take some pics of it at high and very high before I adjust it. Surprisingly it actually rides very well at the standard height. Even tho the wheels are tucked inside it still has a decent amount of space inside the wheel well as well as no rubbing while turning etc. Like I said I really want to put it at low but I know it will end up resting on the tires and I am afraid of something being damage that low. FYI I would not drive it on low just want too see how it looks lol

IMG_E7105.JPG

Come again? “Slammed” vehicles can usually move when at their lowest setting. They scrape bottom but still move. Sounds like by your description the tires will cause damage if the car accidentally drops to low. If you have air suspension be warned, the car will drop to low on its own if air pressure is lost or the computer updates/screws up. Since the claim is more than adjusting sensors is necessary to go that low it’s a real possibility. I presume some other physical modification was done to the suspension.

Fill the fender gap, that’s all. Putting the battery that close to the ground risking a hit from speed bumps etc is a very different situation in a Tesla. Kinking or puncturing could send your hard work up in flames... literally.

DC718993-A0F2-4EA1-9D26-763F2A97B1FC.jpeg

I love how it's 2018 and you think you are the first to do this for a car that's been around for 6 years.

For anyone that's interested, there are adjustable links for air suspensions that will trick the computer into any desired ride height, and there are even free 3D print files available for customization if you want to an even higher of ground-scrapingly low ride height. The premade 3D files are all on Thingiverse and customization is fairly easy. Not that I'd do this but for anyone that wants to this is not the first and it's not a secret, the suspension link parts are extremely cheap and easy to swap and they are what controls ride height without needing to reprogram anything.

Here's a link for some of the premade ride heights: Updated Forward Tesla Lowering Links by BalrogHuzzah

• Disagree
Reactions: foos and Daddy S