Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The four cameras saved me $1000 and my driving record...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a simple but probably stupid question. How do you get the video of everything that happens to your Tesla Model 3 to upload on YouTube? I have a flash drive inserted in the right front port but it does not record everything and has huge files. Most of the time I have a cordless charger plugged in to both of those ports. When I park I can make the change. Please fill me in what I need to do to protect myself.
You need to have the TeslaCam flash drive in one of the two front USB ports at all times. The flash drive records in one minute segments and stored within files containing 10 min of data. By pressing the camera icon on the Tesla screen when in recording mode automatically stores 10 min of footage which is not recorded over.
Use the rear USB ports in your Model 3 for phone and tablet charging as they are not equipped for TeslaCam or use the 12V plug (in the center console with an adapter) for more USB charging options

• Helpful
Reactions: TrumpetTitan
Just want to say the other driver is a bonafide asshole. After he hits you, he has to lie about it. The person already did damage to your car and wants to put blame on you so you can pay for his mistake. What a shitty person. I think we need a law that doubles the penalty when a person is caught in a lie like this.
Absolutely agree with you there! As well, in a car that has no blind spots (my mom owns one of those), there is no excuse to not turn your head and shoulder-check.

Probably 90% of drivers never signal...It is so easy, one finger move. And they do move ONE FINGER so often...
Here in Vancouver, the average person signals, except for big pickup trucks and most German marques :^). Sometimes, I feel like coming up to them at the next light, leaning in and snapping off their turn signal lever, and then telling them that it might as well come out as they never use it anyway. I'd probably find a thin layer of dust on it.

Hope this works out for you. I got hit like that the third week I owned my car. I was very pleased that I had video.

In the front camera video, it looks like has started to change lanes and you just kept going forward. So I can see why he feels you "hit him." Nice try on his part, but since he is charge lanes, he is at fault.

My guess is that he thought he was clear as he started to move over, looked away, and that you "pulled up along side him" while he was changing lanes. I can see why he believes you hit him. He is wrong, but I get the reasoning.

However, looking at the side camera view, it really shows him hitting you as you go by. He had plenty of time to stop moving over.

I would have shared the side camera video only though.

Good luck
-Havoc

Please clarify. How does the car video the accident? This is different from Sentry mode? Correct?
I have a standard Plus 3.
To the left of the Sentry Mode on the in-car touchscreen is a diagram of a camera. If there is a red dot on it, it is constantly recording video in one minute segments. V10 will record front, rear and both side cameras synchronously.

To save a file, touch the camera icon, you will receive a tray and downward arrow icon for a few seconds before the icon returns to the camera with the red dot.

You have now saved the file with the last ten minutes of video footage in a folder containing up to 40 separate files which you can replay later on a PC or Laptop

To the left of the Sentry Mode on the in-car touchscreen is a diagram of a camera. If there is a red dot on it, it is constantly recording video in one minute segments. V10 will record front, rear and both side cameras synchronously.

To save a file, touch the camera icon, you will receive a tray and downward arrow icon for a few seconds before the icon returns to the camera with the red dot.

You have now saved the file with the last ten minutes of video footage in a folder containing up to 40 separate files which you can replay later on a PC or Laptop
WOW very cool. Can't wait to go try this

No! Obviously no injuries why be a jerk about it.
Is it "being a jerk" for making someone pay for the repairs? Obviously not, so why is also being compensated for the loss in value of your car for having been in a collision? The car is monetarily worth less because of the collision, and that reduction in value is the fault of the person causing the collision. It's absolutely the same as the immediate property repair.

• Love
Is it "being a jerk" for making someone pay for the repairs? Obviously not, so why is also being compensated for the loss in value of your car for having been in a collision? The car is monetarily worth less because of the collision, and that reduction in value is the fault of the person causing the collision. It's absolutely the same as the immediate property repair.

I’d agree with you if the frame was bent, but a decent body shop can repair this sort of damage without affecting the long-term utility of the vehicle. Although it was annoying that the other guy tried to weasel out of responsibility, he wasn’t trying to hit me. S**t happens and trying to make everyone else compensate you for every little inconvenience they caused you is a bit egotistical. JMO.

• Disagree
Absolutely agree with you there! As well, in a car that has no blind spots (my mom owns one of those), there is no excuse to not turn your head and shoulder-check.

NEVER turn your head. Using both mirrors properly and you can see everything. Turning your head for even a split second puts you at risk and makes you liabile to rear end the car in front of you.... especially in that tight of traffic. You should always have peripheral vision on the car in front of you.

• Disagree