Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The front license plate question.... (poll)

My front license plate solution for my M3 is: (and I'm happy//not happy)

• I don't have a front plate cuz my state doesn't require one

Votes: 21 8.1%
  • I don't have a front plate and hope I don't get too many tickets

Votes: 102 39.5%
  • I am using Tesla's OEM tape-stuck-on solution

Votes: 53 20.5%
  • I am using a 3rd party front plate mount solution

Votes: 75 29.1%
  • I am in limbo, searching for a good solution...

Votes: 24 9.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering what y'all have figured out as far as the front license plate for the Model 3...

Didn't want to complicate the poll too much, so chime in on whether you're happy with what your current solution is.

I'm about to try out the el cheapo solution ($7 bolts), but also looking at the $50 bracket. Can't see spending >$100 on a solution, but willing to listen....

I'm using the cheapo bolt solution and it's been fine. I do live in a very mild climate so I can't speak to concerns others have had about blocking airflow (I have zero concerns about this). However, I am looking into one of the easy on/off magnet brackets because it would be easier to clean behind the plate and aesthetically, I think the front end would look a little better with the plate mounted a bit higher than it is now to avoid the bugs bunny look.

I just bought a used M3 from a state that required it. Mine doesn't. Looks to be the stick on type. Any suggestions for removing it without damage to the Xpel it is applied over?

I have a Model X and a Model 3.

Neither have front license plate. I have only gotten 1 ticket in the past 4 years between the two cars.

Cops are pulling u over for a different reason unrelated to the front license.

When I take the fix it ticket for someone to sign, the cop was surprised that I got the ticket.

I live in Nor Cal

I have a Model X and a Model 3.

Neither have front license plate. I have only gotten 1 ticket in the past 4 years between the two cars.

Cops are pulling u over for a different reason unrelated to the front license.

When I take the fix it ticket for someone to sign, the cop was surprised that I got the ticket.

I live in Nor Cal
I think it's only a matter of time before they start enforcing it. The proliferation of Model 3s, and therefore, the number of front license plate violators, will reach a tipping point. I'd rather not get a fixit ticket.

Did you buy that so you could remove your plate? If so, why? Do you do car shows with your Tesla, or something?

It seems to mount the plate in around the same place as OEM, so real improvement there, but a lot of additional cost.

I just couldn't bring myself to drilling holes or putting tape on it. I have a clear bra up front too, but didn't install it for a month or so, so I didn't have to worry about taking it off or risking a ticket.