TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

The FUD thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AudubonB, Nov 30, 2013.

1. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

This thread is to provide a home for Causalien's dastardly attempts to dip into his (hers?) great big jar of chunky FUD and spread it all over those who are wont to do the same to Tesla....

And anyone else who cares to follow the lead. Have at it!

2. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Robert said it pretty well so I'm just going to quote his post from the Short-Term TSLA thread:

Now, if you want have a fun thread it's gonna have to be in Off Topic......

3. Causalien

Causalien Reaper of Trolls

Har har har!

4. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

I know this is supposed to be about FUD (that is, things that are not true that induce Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) about other vehicles, but it just seems to me that there's so much true stuff out there at the moment! Just within the last week:

Honda issues a recall for 100k Fit (non-EV) that can spontaneously catch fire while parked. Warns owners to park them outside just in case.
    Ford issues a second recall for the same problem in 170k Escape SUVs, that spontaneously catch fire.
    A Porsche incinerates its occupants within seconds of crashing into a tree.
    (a bit older) A limo catches fire after hitting road debris and kills a bunch of partygoers before the driver even realizes it's on fire.

All this just from memory and just about fires. The Model S is truly a much better vehicle than any of these.

5. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

#5 SwedishAdvocate, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    Would that be this one:

Exclusive: ABC7 News learns cause of fatal limo fire on San Mateo Bridge | abc7news.com

As I understand it, the California Highway Patrol investigators never brought up a theory about road debris. But I guess it could have been a combination of some kind of debris and the above.

Or has there been yet another fire?

6. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

Yes, that was the one I was thinking of. I just misremembered. There was another limo fire more recently too, but I can't remember (even incorrectly :) what caused it.